Here it is in a "nutshell"
2002 Ford Taurus, flex fuel engine. Cold air intake installed, and SCT Tune !
1. Replaced cam shaft sync.
2. mechanic broke tips where dpfe
lines connect to egr
back pressure sensor.
3. mechanic said it would not affect car.
4. car started running like crap, THREW DTC
CODES 171, 174
5. Replaced EGR
6. Codes are still coming up. NOTE: car is tuned with an SCT Tuner, i am running the 87 octane tune.
7. The only modifications to the car are the SCT Tune, and a cold air intake.
8. I returned the car back to stock tune ( that made it throw same codes 171, 174
9. I then returned the car back to the 87 octane tune.
10. Same codes again, but not as many.
Any suggestions ? Maybe a vacum leak, bad o'2 sensors, bad mass air sensor ?
** Will SCT's 90mm mass air sensor help in this matter, and give me a solution/better performance ?
* Don't know if this helps but the mechanic had to remove the upper intake plenum in order to install the camshaft sync. because the wire harness next to camshaft sync. was in the way to install the new one. When he removed it there was no gasket between plenum and intake. *
Should i remove the plenum again and apply some RTV sealant between the mounting surface ?
I dunno, i am at my wits end with this problem.
Thanks for any input !
P.S. Could i send the tuner back to SCT and have them adjust the " Lean Fuel Burn ??