Engine phantom miss fire solved - Page 4 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

That is what I would expect.

Behlinla - what reasons other than low brake fluid or ABS fault cause the brake light to turn on?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member Number: 27456
Drives: 'kate' is a 2002, DOHC 3.0 SEL
Trader Score: 0 reviews
taurus2002_taz has a little shameless behaviour in the past

To clarify , am I suppose to test the sensor it's self or the hardshell plug pin position? In testing the plug, touching 1-3, it stays at 1. Its going to be difficult to test the pins on the sensor if that is what I'm suppose to test, I can't see the pins on the sensor.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #33 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

You're supposed to test the pins on the reservoir. So you know how the plug plugs into the reservoir (the reservoir is on the drivers side, the connector is on the left side of that (looking at it from the front of the car). You unplug the connector, then touch pins one and 3 on the reservoir (not the cable connected to the reservoir.

If it stays open (1), then we know the ABS is sending the signal to the sensor. Of course the brake and ABS light should be on when you do this.

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Drives: A blue car
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeves002 View Post
Behlinla - what reasons other than low brake fluid or ABS fault cause the brake light to turn on?
Just the parking brake. The parking brake and low fluid alerts should clear as soon as the situation is corrected (e.x. if you were low on brake fluid and filled it up while the car was running the light will go out right away). The fact that the light stays on continuously until the key is cycled tells me it's most likely the ABS module causing it. You can try cleaning the connector contacts on the ABS module, but the module is probably bad.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #35 (permalink)

It's definitely intermittent and I'd have to agree, it is a situation that arises from the module or one last thing to check for would be a faulty relay that powers the module. I'm thinking this because When it gets really cold out, sometimes the lights won't work right ( The headlights work, but dash and inside lights don't come on at all until, poof a relay warmed up enough to function), meaning to this situation, maybe the relay gets too warm and quits working. Not to confuse you all any I just mean relays can do some real goofy things at times. I'll check the plug and wires, and peak at all sensors for the ABS system, and report back.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #36 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Electronics can do weird things, I agree.

My ABS and TC actually decide to work when it gets super cold. Or they don't work, but the TC light lights up on key on, and the brake light doesn't turn on.

You probably need to replace the ABS module. It is located right under the battery, and has six torx 15 screws (maybe t20, can't remember). Easiest to get the 4 bottom screws from the bottom. A PITA job to be honest. Don't remove any of the plumbing, just the giant electronics connector and the 6 torx screws to get the electronics part on. Then send it to CHEAP Bosch 5.3 ABS REPAIR VW Passat Audi A4 A6 A8 S4 for fixing. You can do it yourself if you are good with soldering electronics.

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 12-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

Still looking into the ABS and BRAKE lights being on but I found out the left headlight has a pinched gasket on the back of the headlight, the outer collar that has the wiring attached to it, the gasket was pinched on it and that's why the condensation was forming on the inside of the left headlight. Taking the headlight out by the one 8 mm bolt and retaining slip sticks. Next I'll get back to figuring whats up with the ABS power unit.... Of course, I will report back with what I find...
Old 12-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Pull that electronics unit and send it in to be fixed. I need to do that to mine...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #39 (permalink)

Ok now this is really weird, but I changed the rims and tires on the back of my car, the brake light and ABS lights have not come back on since... I can only think the light was coming on because of one of the rear sensors... But thats kind of crazy... I'll let you know if it comes back on, thanks for all your help peeps... 8- )-~
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Drives: A blue car
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

If the tires are different sizes (circumference) it can set off the ABS light because the system is noticing a difference in wheel speeds. You should be using the same size tires on all four corners.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement