obd code p0171 - 1131 engine wont start - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 50870
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2002
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Intercept is an unknown quantity at this point
Default obd code p0171 - 1131 engine wont start

Gonna try and keep this simple and quick,,,,,
Replaced camshaft position synch.
Upon replacement removed upper plenum and egr back pressure sensor to gain access to replace part. Upon reassembly mechanic broke egr back pressure sensor.
I replaced the back pressure sensor, drove it for a few days then eng. light came on. I checked the codes with SCT tuner and it came up with codes 1000 and 1131. I reset it and it came back on, same codes as the first time. I had the car programmed with a 87 octane performance tune from SCT. I reprogrammed it back to factory program and the car ran for about a couple of days before throwing codes ..... 1000, 0171, and 0174.
Ran the vehicle 15-20 miles today eng. light came on. Came home and parked car and left it to sit for a couple of hours. Got in the car later to clear code and the car would not start. So i cleared the code to see if it would do anything, and it would'nt start.

Did the SCT tuner screw with everything, bad egr, maf problem, vacum line leak................ ???

If anyone knows anything about this scenario please reply!!! Cause i am about to run the s.o.b. off a cliff. Thanks,
Intercept is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

First, please specify your engine in your signature. Do you have the OHV or DOHC engine?

Okay, so you have lean codes. You probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. My guess is that you forgot to connect something when you put the intake manifold back on or else you reused the gaskets and they aren't any good.

If you took the EGR valve off, check to make sure the EGR valve gaskets are installed properly. I think the DPFE is fine now.

I should also ask, do you have an aftermarket intake on and is the MAF clean and connected?
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.