P300-p302-p305 Codes - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 18404
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
jack47904 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, last month the taurus was acting up so i got the codes ran and had all the plugs wires and the coil pack replaced. a week ago the check engine light came on and its been bad ever since. So, I had the codes read again. P300, P302, P305 are comming up.

Seeing as how I just had the plugs wires and coil pack/ignition coil (whatever its called) what the heck could be the problem now???

help....

Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 16867
Drives: 89 SHO 3.0 DOHC (Y)
jw89sho has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Did you do plugs as well?

P0300 is random misfire detected, P0302 is cylinder #2 and P0305 is cylinder #5 misfire. Those two cylinders share a coil in the pack (of which there are three).

Could be a bad part, even though they are new. Both plugs and wires on the paired cylinders need to be good for it to work properly. BTW, pairs are 1-4, 2-5 and 3-6. A bad part (plug, wire or coil) in a pair can cause both cylinders to fail.

Worst case, it could be the wiring to the PCM or PCM itself.

Josh

Check this out...
jw89sho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ryanzlx1

Member Number:

What kind of plug wires were put on it? Did you do the plugs and wires yourself? If not Id take it back to who did the work tell them your getting misifres after their tune up work.

It could be moisture in the plug cylinders/boots or could be arcing which can be caused by poor/wrong plug wires. Could also be wrong plugs what kind of plugs went into it?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member Number: 20715
migelmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (jack47904 @ Apr 10 2010, 11:53 AM)
Quote:
Well, last month the taurus was acting up so i got the codes ran and had all the plugs wires and the coil pack replaced. a week ago the check engine light came on and its been bad ever since. So, I had the codes read again. P300, P302, P305 are comming up.

Seeing as how I just had the plugs wires and coil pack/ignition coil (whatever its called) what the heck could be the problem now???

help....[/b]
i had same problem with my 00 taurus ffv 3.0, i replaced plugs, wires and coil pak, still had misfire codes, check for water in the wiring connecter to upstream 02 sensor, i got water in there when i went thru a water puddle, used compressed air to dry connecters contact. GOOD LUCK .
migelmech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.