Sealer For This Oil Pan Gasket ? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 8855
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
buddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My 99 w/Duratec, I bought a new oil pan gasket from AZ for it. The one they had, ROL/Felpro # OS6210, is flat aluminum with a narrow strip of rubber on the inside. I like this since I have read on the forums about all rubber ones bulging out.

Question, do I use any sealer like Permatex form-a-gasket or black RTV on it, or just install it as-is? There are no directions with it.

Thanks,
Rod
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 125
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 4 reviews
shoz123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Installation

Inspect oil pump screen cover and tube O-ring for damage and wear. Replace O-ring as necessary.

Install oil pump screen cover and tube and O-ring to oil pump. Tighten oil pump screen cover and tube retaining bolts to 20-30 Nm (15-22 lb-ft).

Install new self-locking oil pump screen cover and tube support nut to lower cylinder block stud. Tighten nut to 8-12 Nm (71-106 lb-in).

WARNING: EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED TO BE WORN DURING USE OF COMPRESSED AIR. FAILURE TO WEAR EYE PROTECTION COULD RESULT IN POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

Clean oil pan with suitable soap and water solution. Dry completely with compressed air. Inspect oil pan for damage. Replace oil pan as necessary.

Clean oil pan to lower cylinder block sealing surfaces on oil pan and lower cylinder blocks with shop towel and Metal Surface Cleaner F4AZ-19A536-RA or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSE-M5B392-A to remove all residues that may interfere with the sealers ability to adhere.

Install a new oil pan gasket, and apply an 8 mm (0.31 inch) diameter bead of Black Silicone Sealer F4AZ-19562-B or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSE-M4G323-A1 on oil pan gasket as shown in the illustration.

Install oil pan and oil pan retaining bolts and studs to lower cylinder blocks in locations shown. Push the oil pan against the transaxle case and tighten oil pan to transaxle bolts finger tight. Tighten oil pan retaining bolts and studs in sequence shown to 20-30 Nm (15-22 lb-ft). Tighten oil pan to transaxle bolts to 34-46 Nm (25-33 lb-ft).

Attached Images
File Type: gif SVH_us_en_file_A24166A_gif_gen_ref.gif (18.1 KB, 287 views)
shoz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement