1990 or 1991 WAGON - Dash trim panel wanted - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 7489
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: '90 Taurus GL Wagon 3.0L; '65 Rambler Ambassador 990 convertible
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Lgbpop has a brilliant futureLgbpop has a brilliant futureLgbpop has a brilliant future
Default 1990 or 1991 WAGON - Dash trim panel wanted

Looking for the instrument cluster surround - the black and woodgrain fascia. My old one is marginal, don't feel like renovating it unless I have to. Must be from the wagon with the rear glass wiper/washer switch cutout hole opened (above the HVAC controls, see upper piece in photo).

Will buy, or trade a perfect one from a sedan that doesn't have the wiper/washer switch opening. That's the lower one in the photo below. The one from my wagon has paint and woodgrain appliqué coming off. I just know I'll ruin the sedan one if I try to open the blanked hole.

Lgbpop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 348
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 1986 Ford Taurus LX wagon
radioflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to radioflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
Looking for the instrument cluster surround - the black and woodgrain fascia. My old one is marginal, don't feel like renovating it unless I have to. Must be from the wagon with the rear glass wiper/washer switch cutout hole opened (above the HVAC controls, see upper piece in photo).

Will buy, or trade a perfect one from a sedan that doesn't have the wiper/washer switch opening. That's the lower one in the photo below. The one from my wagon has paint and woodgrain appliqué coming off. I just know I'll ruin the sedan one if I try to open the blanked hole.

Is this what you're looking for? This pic was taken a few months ago at a jy in Phoenix Az. Not sure if it's still there. But next time I visit I'll let you know.
radioflyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry I had no idea anyone was looking for one until I saw your last post in "TONS of parts for sale here!!! " .

I took a few parts off this wagon for myself, it was immaculate in condition. I took a few interior trim pieces and the spare tire compartment carpet.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Lgbpop has a brilliant futureLgbpop has a brilliant futureLgbpop has a brilliant future

That's a beauty, but it doesn't appear to have the rear wiper/washer option (it would be behind the shift lever knob in your photo). If you want to double-check, that would be appreciated. I'm also looking for the visors from both sides, mine are coming apart. Doesn't matter if they are the standard type or the two-way. Lastly, I also need the trim pieces that go from the front door sills up and back along the door openings for both sides. That donor car's interior is the same color as mine, that's a good start!

Last edited by Lgbpop; 12-18-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes I think I have more pics of that wagon somewhere. I'll share them when I find them. But yeah the whole interior of that car was perfect except for a slight gouge in the headliner material in the cargo area. If if wasn't for that, then I would've taken the whole headliner for myself. As for the A to B pillar trim pieces, they too had hairline cracks at the holes where they fasten to the shell. I know this because I'm looking for those also in the same color. I think the visors were still in tact.

But I recall seeing other grey dashes just like that when I was at this particular jy. Next time I go I'll defiantly let you know what I find.

And in the event that this particular car no longer exists, I'll still keep a look out for what you need.

Feel free to send me a list of what else your lookin for and I'll keep my eyes peeled for those as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member Number: 3877
danny74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

wow... you west coast people have all the luck with the yards it seams
danny74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Hairline cracks, I can live with. Epoxy on the backside of the trim pieces will keep them from getting bigger. Mine are split, one's cracked and they bug me.

What color was that interior, blue or gray?

Someday, some hairy big-eared little alien is gonna steal that from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.