Fixing my shed - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Emeritus Staff Member
 
The White Falcon's Avatar
 
Member Number: 51308
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Your business, it is not.
Chapter: Please Select a Region:
Drives: .
Visit: My Garage
Posts: 9,102
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Rep Power: 37
The White Falcon is a splendid one to beholdThe White Falcon is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by it'sthatcar View Post
I feel you behlinla. It's roughly -10 here, -30 with windchill...


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
About 68 yesterday, in the 30's at night.

Now, last week we had evenings in the teens. That was cold. There was even a few times my truck took a few seconds longer to start. That's rare enough that its noticeable for me.
__________________
Bradley.
Holly: 2003 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec/AX4N, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio system, other enhancements. April 2014 COTM winner.


See the details here.

Life at its best is a creative synthesis of opposites in fruitful harmony. Martin Luther King, Jr.
But...it was so artistically done. Grand Admiral Thrawn.
The White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Devoted Member
 
it'sthatcar's Avatar
 
Member Number: 49561
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
Chapter: Northern
Drives: 2004 Ford Taurus SEL Comfort
Visit: My Garage
Posts: 3,012
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Rep Power: 11
it'sthatcar will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
About 68 yesterday, in the 30's at night.

Now, last week we had evenings in the teens. That was cold. There was even a few times my truck took a few seconds longer to start. That's rare enough that its noticeable for me.
Hahahahahaha no offense, but I have to laugh when people down south think the teens are cold hehe. Last night here in North Dakota it was-10 below, -30 with windchill.
__________________


David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
it'sthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Technical Advisor
 
Member Number: 1771
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Blythewood, SC 29016
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Visit: My Garage
Posts: 16,932
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Rep Power: 93
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durasel View Post
If it swung out, the hinges would be on the outside, making it very easy for someone to take the door off and get in??
Exactly my thoughts!

And nice work John! Where'd you pick up the skills for doing work like that? Just stuff you learned in younger days or?
__________________
--Nick

-True Blue MC 2003 Lincoln Town Car | V8 SOHC/4R70W | 55K
-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K
--Wood paneled 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 180K ish?
--Ugly Colored 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 303K miles!
Former...
'87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!
 
sousa632's Avatar
 
Member Number: 37681
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Forked River, NJ
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Visit: My Garage
Posts: 6,651
Trader Score: 1 reviews
Rep Power: 48
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Geek View Post
Exactly my thoughts!

And nice work John! Where'd you pick up the skills for doing work like that? Just stuff you learned in younger days or?
Thanks! I've done renovations on my uncle's homes in the past, and completely renovated my brother's house 2 years ago. My grandfather was also a carpenter so I guess it trickled down. About 3 years ago I went to replace my bathroom vanity and it went from that to a complete gut down to the studs(and joists cause the wood was screwed under the tile) and remodel. I did all the tilework as well.

I like taking pictures of progress so I have pics of that too

Before



BLEH!


After



That was the first time I had ever done any tile work in my life

The cool thing about this is that there were 6 empty bottles of Schaffer beer hidden in the walls. I traced the year down to a late 60's bottle they used which makes sence being that my house was built in 1970.
__________________
John
'01 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec 'The Silver Bullet' , '98 Windstar 3.8, '04 Freestar Cargo 3.9

Last edited by sousa632; 01-21-2013 at 10:05 PM.
sousa632 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
radioflyer's Avatar
 
Member Number: 348
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lake Montezuma, Az
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 1986 Ford Taurus LX wagon
Visit: My Garage
Posts: 227
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Rep Power: 0
radioflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to radioflyer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post
Thanks! I've done renovations on my uncle's homes in the past, and completely renovated my brother's house 2 years ago. My grandfather was also a carpenter so I guess it trickled down. About 3 years ago I went to replace my bathroom vanity and it went from that to a complete gut down to the studs(and joists cause the wood was screwed under the tile) and remodel. I did all the tilework as well.

I like taking pictures of progress so I have pics of that too

Before



BLEH!


After



That was the first time I had ever done any tile work in my life

The cool thing about this is that there were 6 empty bottles of Schaffer beer hidden in the walls. I traced the year down to a late 60's bottle they used which makes sence being that my house was built in 1970.
Wow! Nice tile work, you said you did that yourself? First time even? Nice choice of color and style too. I installed a new tile floor in my moms house just last year. Also my first time and turned out pretty good. Really got into doing tile work for a little while there. I just wish I had a better wet saw to work with.
radioflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2