SiriusXM, gotta love their service. - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 5295
Drives: 2005 Taurus SE 3.0L Vulcan Bought with 111,432KM in October of 2012
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
the_intimidator_02 has a spectacular aura about
Default SiriusXM, gotta love their service.

I endned up cancelling my two XM radio's yesterday. Basically I cancelled because of the fact they gave me a quote a month ago for my renewal and then yesterday told me it was going to cost almost $110 more.

One radio under my name is mine and the other belongs to a friend of mine. His radio died and before buying a replacement for his truck, we wanted to know what the renewal price was going to before buying a new radio. I was quoted $561(taxes included) for the two radios and online feed. I asked the "agent" on the phone 4-5 times at least to comfirm the price, each time repeating the price he gave me and what the price covered. Each time I was told yes it is for the two radios and online feed. It was suppose to renew yesterday, but my online feed account was deactivated. I called to find out why. Long story short they told me there was never a note left about anything discussed on my account from November 26. So now I look like I'm full of **** and pulling a price out of thin air. After dealing with the cancellation department the closest he said he'd come is $667.00. So I ended up cancelling.

What pisses me off is that they did not stick to the price I was quoted. Anywhere I've worked if a price was quoted to a customer, the company adhered to the quote. It's not the cost that got me upset, it's the principle of the matter. Oh well......

Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.

The Human race is governed by it's own imagination.

Please don't steal, the government can't stand the competition.
the_intimidator_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Weird! When I called to cancel (one day after I activated), they dropped my price down to $5 per month! No online streaming though. I was paying $15 a month for all channels no online streaming.

Of course my radio only cost me $50. I got a $50 mail in rebate (ended on the 31st), and I already had a head unit that supported it, I just needed an external module for it. So that saved a lot of cash.

Nov 26 is my bday

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

I had two radios with them for the last 4 years. Nothing was really offered to me. It as a take it or leave it sort of deal. The cancellations told me to down grade my packages and maybe he could work something out. Other then those two option I was offered nothing. Not to mention before hanging up with him, I was told that if I change my mind withing the next couple of days it would be $30/radio to activate them again.

I always registered the radios for a 2 year term. I have a Sirius radio that will be cancelled when renewal is up in the spring ( a couple of months).

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was only $15 a radio to activate... well one radio, but still. I pay monthly.

I bet you will get a call in a month asking you to reactivate. They'll give it to you for $5 a month at that point. Two friends I know have had that happen. Don't know if they will charge you an activation fee.

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

Strange every time our radios get close to renewal, they always offer a great deal, the first one is always $25.00 for 6 months of service. Plus they have always worked well when we've called customer service. but our radios are Sirrus.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Funny you mention decent service from Sirius, I was with them years ago for a year, but I wanted to listen to a channel they did not have. And XM regular package had the few stations I listen to on a regular basis. So I cancelled with Sirius, but before leaving IO was made multiple offers to stay. The last being 6 months free, a home unit. Which I declined just becauseI couldn't get the show I wanted to listen to. I received a message from their facebook page to try another email instead of the one I was using, they say they are going to look into it for me. Guess I'll see what comes of it.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Mine is XM. Aren't they the same thing now? I can get Sirrius if I want as well lol, for another $100.

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has a brilliant futuresousa632 has a brilliant futuresousa632 has a brilliant future

Yea Sirius and XM are the 'same company' now. I USED to have no problems with Sirius(when they were JUST Sirius). I had them when they were $12.95/month and free streaming for one account online.

After the merge I had a problem with my radio and needed a new one. Got on the phone with one person before purchasing another radio, they said no charge to activate it and "I'll put a note in your account". Got the radio, called again and the guy I got on the horn with tells me it's $15 to activate. Explained the whole situation to him and he said there was no note and it's $15. I went back and forth with him and he finally did it for free.

Fast forward the life of that radio, an increase in monthly price and now having to pay for streaming online(was NOT happy about that one!) and went to get another radio. Same damn thing happened. This time I told the person that I was ready to cancel if they dont waive the activation fee. Got a supervisor on the line, and was told that they can't do it. So my reply was..... "you guys are SERIOUSLY going to lose a monthly customer over a $15 activation fee that you can easily waive for a customer of over 5 years??". Long story short, I don't have the radio any longer. I do miss the music channels, especially with the long drives I do, but I get by for free........
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

Not without a different radio...they are together but you need a Sirrus/XM radio to get both.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ben
Hear that? That's 4 cams.

Member Number: 40467
Drives: 2004 SEL Duratec
Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

SiriusXM is one entity now, however there are two packages, the Sirius and the XM. Both have different premium channels, and the top for either gets certain channels. I have 2 radios on my account, and it's every channel for XM (my radio is XM only), because you have to get the top tier to hear Stern. I pay like $33 a month, way too much. Need to call and threaten to cancel so they will hopefully lower it. I want to stay month to month and not buy a year or whatever they have specials on. I've had no problems with them so far, subscriber for over a year. Customer service was helpful and polite. I'll update if I remember when I call about lowering price.

Edit: I got beaten to it!!!

2012 Fusion Sport, 46k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav.

2004 SEL Premium, 70,xxx miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, far from stock...
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement