The Double Big Mac and Why I'm Fat - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSloSho View Post
since we're all posting our heights and weights, 6"4' 205lbs and here in Good Ol' Sioux Falls, SD we dont have a five guys. But me and a few buddies drive about an hour to our closest one about once a month. Love the burgers, the fries are ok. But McDonalds is a good value for what it cost. I can get 2 McDoubles and 3 McChickens and a drink for under 7 bucks. Of course then i feel like i have to go hit the gym afterwards.
You realize you are eating 1840 calories in one sitting if you eat all 5 of those sandwiches?

They are just soooo goood.

I am telling everyone. For the price, one of those $3.99 meals from steak n' shake are SO GOOD. They have the best high quality, fresh, value for a burger ever.

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

It's BoTime! Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits

5'7" 165lb. I only eat out once or twice a week so my weight doesn't balloon up...

-True Blue MC 2003 Lincoln Town Car | V8 SOHC/4R70W | 55K
-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K
--Wood paneled 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 180K ish?
--Ugly Colored 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 303K miles!
Former...
'87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Okay...... Well I'm so fat this week. I am like Nick and usually only eat out once or twice a week, but this week I did both of mine in two days!

So today I went out and got.... a triple big mac. I hadn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday.... so I was hungry. I didn't get any fries though.

To create the triple big mac I purchased a big mac, a mcdouble plain, and a mcdouble without ketchup or mustard, add big mac sauce (so only meat, cheese, bread, pickles, mac sauce).

Put the bun from the mcdouble with mac sauce on the top of the big mac (removing the sesame seed bun from it), I basically put the entire mcdouble except for the bottom bun on the top of the big mac. That way I get the pickles and all the mac sauce as well. I then took the plain mcdouble (without the bread) on top of the bottom big mac patty.

Two pictures how it turned out. First looks good, second does not. I could not get myself to take a picture when I was half way through eating it. It looked so nasty. I think I'll stick with doubles from now on. I can never go back to a single big mac though.

So to recap: we total 3 pieces of bread, 6 1.6oz burger patties (for a total of 9.6oz, still less than many restaurants put on their burgers), 3 slices of cheese, 2 rounds of big mac sauce, 1 round of lettuce, 2 rounds of pickles. Water to wash it down. YUMMY.

To compare... after adding up the caloric intake, it was only 1030 calories. The double baconator at Wendy's is 970 calories. A normal big mac is 550 calories, and a normal mcdouble is 380 calories. My McDoubles were less because I used less bread and one McDouble was plain.

Total cost of the Big Mac and two McDoubles, no fries, no drink was just under $6 with tax. Not that bad if you ask me. A Big Mac is only $3.50 here. Mac sauce was an extra $0.30 on the one McDouble.

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec

Last edited by Sam; 11-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Member Number: 40467
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2004 SEL Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Just felt my arteries clog by looking at that! But I have to admit...it does look good.

2012 Fusion Sport, 48k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 SEL View Post
Just felt my arteries clog by looking at that! But I have to admit...it does look good.
I'm with you!

Vote for me
sousa632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
Trader Score: 0 reviews
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSloSho View Post
since we're all posting our heights and weights, 6"4' 205lbs and here in Good Ol' Sioux Falls, SD we dont have a five guys. I can get 2 McDoubles and 3 McChickens and a drink for under 7 bucks. Of course then i feel like i have to go hit the gym afterwards.
Some of my son's friends have taken to getting a McChicken and a McDouble. Taking the chicken out of the McChicken and putting it between the McDouble patties. They call it the McGangBang (not my idea, the kids came up with it on their own. Just as a point of reference you guys are really making me feel bad posting heights and weights, I have you all beat, at 5'8" I go about 375!!! I was in a really nasty accident back in 1984...before that I ran 35-40 miles a week and swam about 3 miles a week. My knees were pretty messed up, it took about 200 stitches to close the wound on my right leg but (only after the surgeon removed almost a pound of muscle and tissue to get a surface that he could mate together. I was on crutches for almost a year and have had either 5 or 6 operations on my knees since the accident. Not an excuse for being a "porker" just some background info. Anyway, I still swim, but for some reason I never have seen any weight lose from swimming like I did from running. Anyway, my favorite McD's is still the simple Double Cheeseburger, it's been my favorite since my first trip to McDonald's in 1966 when they were only $.49!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cake monster

Member Number: 18214
Drives: none right now
JW657 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhpadi View Post
Some of my son's friends have taken to getting a McChicken and a McDouble. Taking the chicken out of the McChicken and putting it between the McDouble patties. They call it the McGangBang (not my idea, the kids came up with it on their own. Just as a point of reference you guys are really making me feel bad posting heights and weights, I have you all beat, at 5'8" I go about 375!!! I was in a really nasty accident back in 1984...before that I ran 35-40 miles a week and swam about 3 miles a week. My knees were pretty messed up, it took about 200 stitches to close the wound on my right leg but (only after the surgeon removed almost a pound of muscle and tissue to get a surface that he could mate together. I was on crutches for almost a year and have had either 5 or 6 operations on my knees since the accident. Not an excuse for being a "porker" just some background info. Anyway, I still swim, but for some reason I never have seen any weight lose from swimming like I did from running. Anyway, my favorite McD's is still the simple Double Cheeseburger, it's been my favorite since my first trip to McDonald's in 1966 when they were only $.49!
Damn man, sorry to hear about the accident, sounds like it really messed you up. I'm 5'9". I weigh about 155lbs, but 10lbs of that I gained in the last year.

JW657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cake monster

Member Number: 18214
Drives: none right now
JW657 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJalopey View Post
I like burger king but they just demolished the one in town and built a health food store So if I want burger king I have to drive all the way to Hamilton or Cambridge!
The Brantford Burger King was getting fairly dumpy towards the end, not that it ever stopped me from eating there, I love BK. The Taco Bell is even more run down and crappy, but I still go.

JW657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member Number: 48995
Drives: 1997 GL Vulcan V6 3.0 72k Silver Bullet
Bullhorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Taco bell McD's and some Panda Express with some Sonic drinks and burgers!!! And then some more round here!! Cant beat that McDouble for the price! and size... avg lol 5'11" 170
Bullhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW657 View Post
Damn man, sorry to hear about the accident, sounds like it really messed you up. I'm 5'9". I weigh about 155lbs, but 10lbs of that I gained in the last year.
Yeah, the accident completely changed my lifestyle....on the bright side, I didn't lose my right leg, and I can still teach scuba and dive for fun...only because of the great fins from Force Fins. They aren't cheap but with my bad knees, a regular fin just puts too much stress on the knees. So it could have been worst, I've tried to make the best of it, but in the first year after the accident, about all I could do was watch TV and eat, so I gained almost 100 pounds...since I ate like I did when I could exercise daily. Anyway, back on topic. I only recently discovered Five Guys and really think they have the best burgers, since they don't prepare them until you order, and the fries are awesome, only really large servings. Plus roasted peanuts while you wait, it's a great place.....luckily the closest ones to us is a 60 mile one way trip, so I don't get there often enough to overdo them.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement