"Movember" Fundraiser Help Requested.... - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Member Number: 43942
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO, 402B pkg, modified.
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
bpd1151 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
Lightbulb "Movember" Fundraiser Help Requested....

To all of my fellow TCCA members.....

I was approached a couple of weeks ago by a co-worker at my agency, who had a family member recently diagnosed with testicular cancer.

This co-worker had since learned of a fund raising campaign that helps collect funds for issues related to Men's Health, including testicular cancer.

I was asked to help participate by growing a moustache for the month of November and this fundraising campaign is affectionately called "Movember" (for moustaches in November).

More information on this can be found by going here:

Movember United States - About Movember

I have joined three of my fellow co-workers on my night shift, to create the group called "The Smugtastic Mouth Brows".

There are additional co-workers (that work other shifts) who have created their own teams respectively.

I am asking that you consider making a donation, in any amount you feel comfortable with, so that not only my co-worker's family member can benefit from the treatment for his diagnosed condition, but more so in an overall sense of Men's Health.

I have created a user profile where donations can be made, and that can be found here:

Movember United States - Home

I did post up an avatar picture of Will Farrell as Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman" as most of my co-workers have openly communicated how much I resemble that character on those occasions where I've grown moustaches in the past, just for the heck of it.

Please pass this info along to any one else with whom you'd think would also consider making a donation likewise.

Thanks in advance. I do appreciate it, as I know my co-worker's family would appreciate it as well.

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediachicago.com/#!sponsored/cnos

Car Of The Month: January 2013
Car Of The Year: 2013
bpd1151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 37321
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: I own a 1996 Black Taurus SHO
QuinnSHO is on a distinguished road

I'm really tight on money right now, but with my next paycheck, as long as I can remember, I can do a donation. Can't be much, but something.
It is well...Holiday time.

QuinnSHO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Every lil bit helps. Even like $5 is appreciated. Thank you in advance, and I will be posting up a pic of me and my goofy looking mug at the end of the month.

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediachicago.com/#!sponsored/cnos

Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

7 days left 'til November ends, as such, off will go the mustache.

Due to many requests, I will be posting a pic here (at the end of the month) prior to removing it.

I was hoping to have at least one, or two donations from the community here, but alas nothing as of yet.

Any amount any of you can provide would be appreciated. Donations are fully tax deductable.

Please follow the link in my original post, click on the link that brings you to my "Movember" page, then click on "Donate To Me" and follow the instructions.

I'm currently leading my team in donations, and I'd like to keep it that way as the month is quickly drawing to a close.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Mike

Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cake monster

Member Number: 18214
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: none right now
JW657 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd1151 View Post
7 days left 'til November ends, as such, off will go the mustache.

Due to many requests, I will be posting a pic here (at the end of the month) prior to removing it.

I was hoping to have at least one, or two donations from the community here, but alas nothing as of yet.

Any amount any of you can provide would be appreciated. Donations are fully tax deductable.

Please follow the link in my original post, click on the link that brings you to my "Movember" page, then click on "Donate To Me" and follow the instructions.

I'm currently leading my team in donations, and I'd like to keep it that way as the month is quickly drawing to a close.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Mike
Hey man.

I donated $5, I know it's not much but it's all I can afford at that moment.

JW657 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW657 View Post
Hey man.

I donated $5, I know it's not much but it's all I can afford at that moment.

I saw the notification come through earlier while I was power napping before having to go into work tonight.

TYVM. Seriously though. Every lil bit helps.

I really do appreciate it. Reminds me why I'm suffering through all the ridicule I have been these past three weeks.

One week left. At least some of my female coworkers have been less harsh, as they have said "can't make fun of you when you're doing it for such a good cause".

Then I thank them for being kinder than my male coworkers, and in the same breath, quiclkly remind them that come December 1st, this things gone!

Poof

Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Ok, so it's November 30th, 2012.

As such, my Wife is anxiously counting down the hours & minutes 'til I get to shave this caterpillar off.

As promised, I am posting the pictures as requested.

So, modeling myself after Will Farrell who played Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman"..... I used that as my motivation to stay the course, even though I've received a crap load of ridicule these past four weeks.

Thank you to all who donated.

I was able to raise a solid $240 total for the month, all of which goes entirely to Men's Testicular & Prostate Cancer Research.

I was the largest fund raiser in my team (of four members). All whom work on the night shift in my agency.

Thank you so much once again for all those who did donate, I really do appreciate it, and maybe I'll consider doing this again next year.

Here was my motivator, followed up by two pics taken just now.
Attached Thumbnails
"Movember" Fundraiser Help Requested....-anchorman.jpg   "Movember" Fundraiser Help Requested....-mikes-7day-forecast.jpg   "Movember" Fundraiser Help Requested....-movember-2012-closeup.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.