Throwing P1132 And P1152 Codes? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 3732
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
MeanWS6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Today my 2002 Ford Taurus (winter beater) started idling rough and throwing codes:

P1132 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 1
P1152 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 2

I also noticed a slight “air hissing” sound coming from down by the brake pedal when I apply the brake. And when I listen under the hood the air sound (sounds like a vacuum leak) seems more apparent.

Now, (not sure if related or coincidence) but this all started happening AFTER I had my alarm/remote start installed today. I looked everywhere to find out where the sound was coming from but no dice. I am taking it back tmr to see if they can figure it out. Again, not sure if this is related.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
I tried the carb cleaner trick around all the hoses and intake gaskets, with no results. They all seem to be intact.
MeanWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2004, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bob Gervais

Member Number:
Visit: My Garage

I would say it's a vacuum leak for sure, especially since someone was under the hood messing around. Take it back to them, and tell them to fix what they caused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement