2001 Taurus Se Sedan Cd Changer And Spoiler - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 2770
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
dapapers1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hello group I just bought my daughter a 2001 Ford Taurus SE, Sedan and she is anxciuos to fix it up, I was wondering were I can get a good price on a wing for her car preferably painted. And she wants to add a cd changer in there if anyone has a working unit they are trying to sell or know where I can find a good unit please let me know. The car has a head unit in there that has CD buttons on there so I assume there is a factory unit that plugs in to it it also seems to incorporate the A/C unit into the setup also. What I need to know from you guys is, is there a harness run somewhere that I can hook up a factory unit too, and it will work or do I have to run a harness from the head unit to where ever the mounting spot is. Also where would the factory cd changer go in these vehicles I looked in the console in the middle of the car it looked to small and I didnt see a harness of any sort, then I looked in the truck and I also could not find a harness that would hookup to the cd changer so if anyone can help me at all with any of this info it would be greatly appreciated to me and my daughter.
dapapers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2004, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 109
taurus2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to taurus2000 Send a message via Yahoo to taurus2000

Hey,

You can try looking on Ebay for spoilers, that's where i got mine, and it was already painted. I suggest, boneenterprises from Atlanta, because they specialize in auctioning things like that. Also, I think the spot for the CD changer is in the trunk behind the carpet panel on the left side, right the the antenna looks like its going, just pull back that sheet and that's where it should be. At leats that's where my harness is.

Good Luck
Old 04-21-2004, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 1529
afi292 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via ICQ to afi292 Send a message via AIM to afi292

I have a 2003 ford taurus and a CD changer in there.. when my car hit around 4,500 miles give or take, i put in an aftermarket cd player, and the cd changer just sits there.. after school is done with im going to remove it and sell it.. let me know if you'd be interested.

-=2006 Lincoln Zephyr=-
afi292 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2004, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

yes Iam interested if it will work in my 2001 pm me!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Will this 2003 changer work with my 2001 and will I need mounting supply does anyone know?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 1529
afi292 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via ICQ to afi292 Send a message via AIM to afi292

Quote:
Originally posted by dapapers1@Apr 22 2004, 02:40 PM
Will this 2003 changer work with my 2001 and will I need mounting supply does anyone know?
I sent you a price, I believe it will work in a 2001 without a hitch... can anyone else confirm this?!?!?

Btw, if anyone is wondering, if a sale does occur.. ill hit up bob with some $

-=2006 Lincoln Zephyr=-
afi292 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2004, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
XLSuruaT

Member Number:

If you have digital climate controls, you cannot change the radio. If you have knobs for the climate controls, you can replace the radio. If your daughter is satisfied with the sound of the radio, definitly spring for the cd changer in the trunk. You may want to go to a ford dealer and cross reference the part from afi to see if it is compatable. Also make sure the harness is there to plug the cd changer in. Open the trunk and pull off the trim on the driver's side near the antenna. If you do not have a harness, hopefully afi can provide you with one or you can get it somewhere.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.