Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

p430 code, which catalytic converter to replace?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lincolnshibuya 
#1 ·
Hello. I need to get the p430 code cleared so the car passes state inspection. I also need to replace it because the car is sucking a lot of gas. I've taken the car to the shop before and was told by the mechanics there are 3 catalytic converters. Which converter do I need to replace to clear this code? If anyone has a link to a good catalytic converter to fix this problem I would appreciate it.

#2 ·
P0430 is for the cat on radiator side bank right at the exhaust manifold.

Is the cat melted? Does it rattle when struck with a mallet?

Have you tried replacing the bank 2 upstream O2 sensor?

Reactions: sheila
#3 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure the cat is bad because i'm getting low gas, poor acceleration, and the code. Also, someone dumped sugar in my gas tank a while ago which made the fuel system to bad, so that might be another reason the cat is bad. Do I need to buy the whole catalytic converter assembly or can I just buy part of it?

#4 ·
your cats died because of misfires and the main reason why you have bad fuel consumption and performance, so fix that first before replacing. you'll end up replacing the cats again if the misfire isn't fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.