Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

06 taurus. Intermittent idle and driving issue with codes

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  mwb88 
#1 ·
It seems that when I idle with the ac on, my car starts idling roughly and when I start to drive it stumbles and misses. This eventually caused the check engine light to come on.

Here are the codes.
P0191 fuel rail pressure sensor a
P0300 multiple misses.
P1270 engine revolution. ......
P2198 signal biased stuck rich bank 2

Also multiple codes for misses on 3 5 & 6

Thanks for any opinions.

#4 ·
It seems that when I idle with the ac on, my car starts idling roughly and when I start to drive it stumbles and misses. This eventually caused the check engine light to come on.

Here are the codes.
P0191 fuel rail pressure sensor a
P0300 multiple misses.
P1270 engine revolution. ......
P2198 signal biased stuck rich bank 2

Also multiple codes for misses on 3 5 & 6

Thanks for any opinions.
Good idea to start with the first code as it can cause the others in many cases. Do a search on any search engine for that and find you may have a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, vac hose of the fuel rail pressure sensor and such.

-chart-

#5 ·
I have been having a slight misfire as well when I am at idle, but not all the time. Just randomly. I put new motorcraft plugs in it and it is still happening. So tonight I let it idle when I got home and it was clicking every time it would miss. So I opened the hood and saw a big blue spark coming out of the boot on the number six cylinder. So off to the parts store tomorrow for a new wire. That should fix it.

#7 ·
Maybe this helps. During winter on the coldest days, only happened a couple of times, it idled funny and gave a check engine code for misfire.. the guy at advance said maybe the ignition coil because of the cold weather. But it went away and haven't had prob til now.

#11 · (Edited)
IAC is a very likely culprit. When the compressor cycles the IAC is commanded to increase airflow to compensate for the extra engine load. You should notice almost no change in RPM during this process. If the IAC can't compensate because it's sticking, the computer has already set up a richer mixture for the cylinders being fired off through the compressor cycling event. These cylinders then don't have enough air to burn properly, so you get a misfire.

With that said, I agree starting with the pressure sensor code is the correct course of action.

#13 ·
Well now it's doing it when I idle without air. I run a delivery up to the door. Come back and drive away and it stumbles. Put it in N and turn it off and back on and it seems to fix it.

Then I was at a light for about a minute and then the same trouble.

Must be the fuel pump right? Turning on and off gets it pumping again?

Should I rent a pressure gauge and check the fuel pressure to be sure b it's the oump?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.