2005 Taurus slow washer fluid stream on driver's side (again) - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2004
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Question 2005 Taurus slow washer fluid stream on driver's side (again)

Hello all,

My wife's washer fluid nozzles are acting up again in that the passenger side nozzle shoots fine but the driver's side nozzle shoots much lower and doesn't quite reach the windshield.

Last time the tube under the hood was physically torn so most of the fluid was not making it to the driver's side (farther) nozzle. With the tube replaced and everything looking fine, it's happening again (after a few months or so) in which the driver's side nozzle shoots very low.

Any ideas what might be the problem this time? Nothing looks visible obstructed. There is plenty of fluid. Is the washer fluid motor getting weak with age or something?

2004 Ford Taurus SES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods I am planning on doing: (some day)
- Digital Compass & Auto-dimming mirror
- Daytime running lights
- Numeric keypad on driver's door
- Rear disc brakes & rear spoiler
- Power passenger seat
- Something to fix those trunk hinges
- Moonroof (later down the line)
- Traction & Stability Control (is this even possible?)

Last edited by Annorax; 03-23-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

If there's no damage to the line then more than likely there's an obstruction in the line or nozzle. If the lines all check out. you can try disconnecting it and blowing it back through the nozzle with compressed air or just replace it. They are inexpensive
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2004
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Thanks - I was hoping it would most likely be some sort of blockage and not something wrong with the motor. How do I take off the line from the passenger's side end and from the nozzle on the driver's side? I tried pulling and twisting (but not too hard, didn't want to break anything) but they wouldn't budge.

2004 Ford Taurus SES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods I am planning on doing: (some day)
- Digital Compass & Auto-dimming mirror
- Daytime running lights
- Numeric keypad on driver's door
- Rear disc brakes & rear spoiler
- Power passenger seat
- Something to fix those trunk hinges
- Moonroof (later down the line)
- Traction & Stability Control (is this even possible?)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:01 AM

Chapter: Midwest

twist it first, once it's loose then pull (not pull and twist)
you need to remove it from the bracket that secures it near the strut mount (passenger side) for easy access. sorry no pics, did it several times when I was swapping hood.

and

and
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 05:04 PM

Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Folks,

I have this problem on a 2002 wagon. The passenger side feed line was rotted so I replaced it with a slightly large clear tube. I'd like to check the driver side connections but I'm not sure how to get the insulation pad off. I see there are about 6 large plastic caps holding it in place. Do these just pry off?

Bob
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2003
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Yes, it's best to remove the with a molding removal tool, but they will just pry off as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page