Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

code p0351

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  billtaurus07 
#1 ·
need help with a 2007 Taurus se 3.0 Vulcan motor 133k. after sitting for about 6 months i am getting this code p0351 right after start up. ignition coil a primary/secondary circuit malfunction. i changed the plugs and on cylinder 1 it was gas fouled. i changed the coil block on the motor also. before i pull the pcm could a bad crank sensor or weak battery be causing this. thanks

#7 ·
so today i disconnected the battery and cleaned the terminals. i then looked at the wire harness for any signs of broken wires or loose grounds. it looked fine. when i started the car it ran smooth and only took about 2 cranks before it started up. i snapped the throttle a few times and had good response, no bog or stumbling. i let the car run for about another minute and had a smooth idle. i turned the car off went into my house for about ten minutes. i came back out and restarted the car but this time it cranked about 6 or 7 times and when it started,ran very rough and the check engine light was back on with the same code. p0351?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.