transmission gone?? 93 SHO - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 4817
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 1992 Taurus SHO
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
loudsho92 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdahl View Post
i used facebook email to try and it said banned as well, not putting them down on anything just saying, it shouldn't be this hard to get registered on a site that i might use once in a while to help me solve a problem with this car. I have found a place that can order a used trans with 100k on it and install it for $1,100 does this sound like a good deal, im supposed to get a 90 day repair/replace warrenty? the only other guy i found in my area said he will rebuild the one in it for $3,800 this sounds like he trying to screw me?
Like I said it needs to be a paid email account. Your ISP provider should give you an email. Facebook is free, so it probably wont work. I am just letting you know what the requirements are.

The SHO Forum is very helpful for getting your SHO fixed as well as upgrades. People are still pushing the envelope on upgrades to the SHO, way more there here.

With 100k on the tranny it may not last much longer and the 93 were the weaker ones.

We sell our rebuilt transmissions for $1600 plus shipping and you get a 1yr warranty. You can also get a performance rebuild as well.

Quote:
^besides i usually get all my problems solved on this site fairly quickly, glad there are some people who know a thing or two about these cars!
Yeah the SHO people are form the SHO Forum.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk
http://www.shosource.com
loudsho92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member Number: 22343
shotimer has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
i used facebook email to try and it said banned as well, not putting them down on anything just saying, it shouldn't be this hard to get registered on a site that i might use once in a while to help me solve a problem with this car. I have found a place that can order a used trans with 100k on it and install it for $1,100 does this sound like a good deal, im supposed to get a 90 day repair/replace warrenty? the only other guy i found in my area said he will rebuild the one in it for $3,800 this sounds like he trying to screw me?
To be honest with you, both of those quotes are unreal. A 100k SHO ATX is pretty much worthless, as it is on borrowed time with 100k on it. $3.8k for a rebuild is also crazy! You should be able to get Ford to install a rebuild unit for less than $3.8k.

I bought a rebuilt unit from Ford for $1.2k, and installed it myself over a weekend....to give you a point of reference. Also, a buddy had his ATX rebuilt in his SHO for about $2.8k by a shop.

$3.8k....they are trying to take advantage of you

Doug
90 Dodge Dakota, 93k
shotimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member Number: 49335
Drives: 92 taurus Gl with 3.0
tylerdahl is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest im on the fence i really want that reinforced atx yall got at SHOsource, but at same hand i can't afford that!! and on top of that i also need to know if the stock trans if rebuilt to factory specs, can handle me putting my foot in it, because i tend to do that quite a bit!??

yes it's a SHO, make an offer!

1992 Ford taurus GL/ the backup.
1993 Ford taurus SHO/ The Toy.
2003 Ford taurus SEL/ daily driver.
tylerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #24 (permalink)

the only way i see that im going to get out of this without sinking an ungodly amount of money into it, is to do the etire job myself buy cheap used trans rebuild, and then swap in, easily typed, but seriously i know nothing on how to work on a trans, yea i can get it out and unbolt it from the engine, once they both out!!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the only way i see that im going to get out of this without sinking an ungodly amount of money into it, is to do the etire job myself buy cheap used trans rebuild, and then swap in, easily typed, but seriously i know nothing on how to work on a trans, yea i can get it out and unbolt it from the engine, once they both out!!
If you know how to get the old one out and put a new one in... Just buy one from the junkyard and hope it works! Just do a fluid and filter change before you start it up.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 4817
Drives: 1992 Taurus SHO
loudsho92 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

Quote:
to be honest im on the fence i really want that reinforced atx yall got at SHOsource, but at same hand i can't afford that!! and on top of that i also need to know if the stock trans if rebuilt to factory specs, can handle me putting my foot in it, because i tend to do that quite a bit!??
It generally cost a good amount to rebuild an auto. It is the nature of the beast. If you get a good rebuild with the updates it should hold up.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk
http://www.shosource.com
loudsho92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 26577
egiroux is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems that the biggest causes of failure are Torque Converter and Valve Body issues. You could get a used one and install an upgraded rebuilt converter, and have the valve body rebuilt w/upgrades. Cheaper than a full rebuild, and may last long enough.
egiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I still think you should just get a used one from the JY and throw it in... Low cost to you. It's the best way it you don't have the money to get it rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

picked one up at a JY for $600 had 100k miles on it, lowest milage one i could get, they put it in for another $500, but the trans is out of a 95, from what i have heard the 94/95 were better built, so should do well,considering the original was still the 93, car is ready right now but still paying on repairs, trans has a 9 month warranty, on it, so long as it will run fine ill be happy. SHO finally fixed....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement