Scan tool/Fuel trims - Page 4 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it would be nice to have the data from the WOT/snap test and the solo O2 sensor test.

Right now I'm leaning towards you having intake valve deposits. Do you drive a lot of stop and go or have many hot-soak cycles?
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Member Number: 40467
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2004 SEL Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Ok I will do those tomorrow. No I don't do a whole lot of stop and go. At least I don't think I do...what would you consider alot?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Fusion Sport, 48k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Starting the car more than three times a day, leaving the car off for less than 30 minutes and restarting more than a few times a week, getting stuck in heavy traffic on a regular basis, city driving when you have to stop at a sign or light more than 3-4 times in a mile etc. Anything close to use like a pizza delivery boy.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by behlinla View Post
Starting the car more than three times a day, leaving the car off for less than 30 minutes and restarting more than a few times a week, getting stuck in heavy traffic on a regular basis, city driving when you have to stop at a sign or light more than 3-4 times in a mile etc. Anything close to use like a pizza delivery boy.
Yes some days I start it more than three times a day. Usually at minimum three days a week I do this. Yes a few times a week the car is started less than 30 minutes after being shut off. No, I don't do a whole lot of stop and go whatsoever.

2012 Fusion Sport, 48k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Today for instance, my car will have been started four times. Three times within an hour. 7 hours between the other one. No stop and go though. I might add that the car was likely not up to operating temperature for those first three so shouldn't have too much heat soak today

The Toy
Old 12-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Well, I don't think you're in the high risk group for deposits, but perhaps the moderate group. Unless you're the first owner you also don't know how it was driven by the previous owner.

I'll know a little more when I get the other test results. When I get the WOT MAF data I'll be able to see if your volumetric efficiency is okay or not.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

PO was an older woman, drive it to work and church mostly. All in the same town, serviced at the dealer. Nothing major in that time though.

The Toy
Old 12-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by behlinla View Post
When I get the WOT MAF data I'll be able to see if your volumetric efficiency is okay or not.
Oh, I forgot to mention I'll also need some atmospheric parameters when you do the MAF run so I can get the air density. When you do the run record the outdoor temp and % humidity, and also report your elevation and current barometric pressure. If you just tell me the temp and where you did the run I can find a nearby weather station with the rest of the info as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Ok. Will do.

The Toy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement