Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: near Gallipolis, OH
Drives: 1999 Mercury Sable LS Wagon
Torreador Red, 3.0L Vulcan V6
Ford Taurus fro
Rep Power: 8
Noises, moisture, and paranoia...
So I've had my wagon for almost 2 weeks, and being the slightly OCD person that I am, I've become paranoid about every noise, every possible leak, and every quirk until I become accustomed to the joys and woes of ownership...
Saying that, I have 3 quick questions:
1. I can hear a fast tick/pft/slap sound from the passenger-side of the motor. My guess is something in the accessories. It comes and goes, esp after the car has warmed up in the mornings. I'm guessing it's something to do with the belt and maybe me having the defrost on. Something to worry about?
2. The cooling fan(s) run nearly constantly when sitting at idle. Is this normal on a Vulcan? It's running cool and coolant level appears good.
3. Speaking of coolant, I noticed a slight coolant smell coming from the vicinity of the overflow tank...this wouldn't concern me except there appears to be moisture collecting on the frame directly under the tank. I can't tell if this is a leak or just condensation, and if it is a leak, it's a very small one. I've had plenty of leaks on my Neon and most of them I never fixed and just topped up the coolant from time to time. How does this motor respond to things like this?
I think that's all for now. Please see my post under Suspension & Brakes about my shaking/vibration issues to see the extent of my paranoia lol.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 1999 Mercury Sable LS Wagon - 3.0l Vulcan -AX4N - Toreador Red on gray - Ford Taurus front end (salvage car) - 135K original miles[FONT=Arial]
- 1998 Toyota Corolla VE - 1.8L - 340K miles (220K on the engine) - belongs to the missus