How do I replace the heater blower motor; '03 Sable? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 14978
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Pepse has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default How do I replace the heater blower motor; '03 Sable?

I did a search Topic Finder and the one for Blower Motor Replacement 2000 to 2007 is sort of a dead link. It took me to this:Welcome to the TCCA Modification and Maintenance Wiki!

For those who aren't familiar, this is an online encyclopedia that is editable by visitors (in our case, TCCA Members). This is a good way to invite people to add their own articles, and make changes/fixes other people's submissions as well. This wiki is designed to be a place to keep Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable modification and maintenance information. You are welcome to add any articles that you feel would be helpful to others.

The best way to create a new article, is to go to the section you want to add it to. Click edit, and then type the name of your article. When you have it highlighted, click on the "Internal Link" button at the top (With the Ab underlined). Then when you are done, save the page and click on your new link.

Note: Please make sure you use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar when typing up your article. Please upload all necessary pictures to the server. Do not link to an outside image as it is not guaranteed to be there later. Although not required, it would be helpful if you left a brief summary if you are editing a page. There is a small text box for a one-line summary under the big text box at the edit screen.

Be sure to check out the Help section to get used to the many ways you can format your article. I recommend testing things out in the Sandbox before you make your first article.
Now you can start browsing and creating articles.
Just click on one of the links below.
Modification Maintenance
Taurus Parts Vendors Topic Index

Useles, no?

Anyway, is there a link that works? This is the second time in 3 months the blower quit working. It quit in August when I had the A/C going. Worked on the way to town, then quit when I started the car. Same thing this time but with the heat instead of A/C. The blower has had a stutter? for about 3 years so I am sure it is the motor. This car has the ATC.

Later. Pepse.
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cake monster

Member Number: 18214
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: none right now
JW657 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepse View Post
I did a search Topic Finder and the one for Blower Motor Replacement 2000 to 2007 is sort of a dead link. It took me to this:Welcome to the TCCA Modification and Maintenance Wiki!

For those who aren't familiar, this is an online encyclopedia that is editable by visitors (in our case, TCCA Members). This is a good way to invite people to add their own articles, and make changes/fixes other people's submissions as well. This wiki is designed to be a place to keep Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable modification and maintenance information. You are welcome to add any articles that you feel would be helpful to others.

The best way to create a new article, is to go to the section you want to add it to. Click edit, and then type the name of your article. When you have it highlighted, click on the "Internal Link" button at the top (With the Ab underlined). Then when you are done, save the page and click on your new link.

Note: Please make sure you use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar when typing up your article. Please upload all necessary pictures to the server. Do not link to an outside image as it is not guaranteed to be there later. Although not required, it would be helpful if you left a brief summary if you are editing a page. There is a small text box for a one-line summary under the big text box at the edit screen.

Be sure to check out the Help section to get used to the many ways you can format your article. I recommend testing things out in the Sandbox before you make your first article.
Now you can start browsing and creating articles.
Just click on one of the links below.
Modification Maintenance
Taurus Parts Vendors Topic Index

Useles, no?

Anyway, is there a link that works? This is the second time in 3 months the blower quit working. It quit in August when I had the A/C going. Worked on the way to town, then quit when I started the car. Same thing this time but with the heat instead of A/C. The blower has had a stutter? for about 3 years so I am sure it is the motor. This car has the ATC.

Later. Pepse.
http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index...C_Blower_Motor

It is under Maintenance>Electrical on the wiki. Sorry about the busted link.

JW657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry for the delay in responding. Anyway I am not really sure that the motor is going (if it is I got the link to disassemble). Like I said the A/C did this in August and now the heater last week. And now, like before after letting the car sit a couple days everything is fine. So, is it possible there is a sensor or something else wrong?

Pepse.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

No ideas? It did it again yesterday. I will try it tomorrow and see if it works.

Pepse.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

So why don't you think it is the motor? If you manually change the blower fan speed will it work? When the blower stops working and you try to change the fan speed, nothing happens, right? Blower stays non-functional? It will randomly start working again?

It's probably the blower then unless you are having different symptoms than I described.

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it's not the blower controller that controls the speed of the motor? If the blower works just fine with +12V outside of the car then I would focus on the controller.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

As for when it stops working? Back in Aug. I had gone to town and it worked fine. I stopped at a store came out started the car pushed the "Auto" button and the only thing I heard was the vacuum motor opening a door or whatever. No fan. Switched to manual fan and nothing happened at any speed or any temp. Now these latest incidents are in cold weather and (car at normal operating temp) I (in case number 1) went to town and back the heating system worked fine. 2 hours later I went to work and nothing, no fan. Tried it after work, still nothing. 2 days later drove the car again and everything was fine. This past Sun. went to town and back everything was fine. Monday went to work, nothing. Took my Explorer to work Tues. I will check it out again tomorrow. As before, it might work. At least the first 2 times by letting it sit for 2 days it starts working again.

Now, why am I hesitant on whether it is the blower or something else? Well for 1 if this was a 1973 instead of a 2003 I could pretty much bet that it would be the fan. With today's computerized vehicles it is a crapshoot; especially since I have the ATC. So, I am hoping to resolve this with one whack instead of 2 or more.

Pepse.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Where is the Blower Controller located?

Pepse.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 10865
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sheila is a glorious beacon of lightsheila is a glorious beacon of light

To the left of the blower. It has wiring running to the blower. Iirc, black plastic box.
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Okay, now to further question whether it is the blower motor or ??? Today I drove the car and when it got to normal operating temp I turned on the heat (manual mode, fan on high and 90 degree temp) and nothing happened. After about 2 miles of driving the fan slowly started to come on. Took maybe 20 seconds to get to high speed. It's been okay since. So, is it the blower motor, blower controller or ??

Pepse.
Advertisement