How do I replace the heater blower motor; '03 Sable? - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Still sounds like the blower controller. Fans either work or don't work (i.e. instant on or off). The slow ramping is all done inside the controller.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member Number: 14978
Pepse has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Yeah, a similar thing after work tonight. Light frost on windows. Couldn't wait for car to completely warm up. Turned on defrost, temp 90 deg. full fan speed. Took about 2 minutes to start running, rather slow, then slowly up to full speed. This controller is this OEM or parts store? Should I gamble on one from a salvage yard? I presume this is only for the Climate Control systems, NOT any heater system?

Pepse.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

The part is going to be $150-250 at the dealer, so you might want to try one at the junk yard first. You'll have to find a car with auto climate controls.

Not sure what you mean by "only for the climate control systems, not any heater system". The blower controller controls the blower, so it's used for both heat and cool.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

What I meant was I have the Auto Climate Control (select your temp like 70 degrees or 65 degrees) and my wife's Taurus has the standard heater; 3 dials to turn for fan, temp, and direction of airflow.

Do you have any idea what Ford products and through what years I could use? I assume 2000 to 2007 Taurus and 2000 to 2005 Sables. I would think this could be the same for a lot of different Ford/Mercury vehicles. Crown Vic Grand Marc, etc.

Pepse.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Yes, 2000-2007 models. The partial part number is 19E624. You can also buy online.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

Even better news...the blower motor module for EATC cars works from a 96-2005. They made a change in 2000, but still plugs and plays.

2000-2002 Continentals also use the same part.

The most recent revision/part number is YF3Z-19E624-AA.

If you have a Pull A Part, LKQ Self Serve, or independent self service salvage yard, I would go grab one of those from there first...heck I can go grab you one at Pull A Part this wknd if you want.

-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K - FOR SALE, See Thread: click

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #17 (permalink)

I know of a U-pull it around here and I will check them out Friday or Sat. if they are open, Holiday Weekend never know.

Thanks. Later. Pepse.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 10865
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sheila is a splendid one to beholdsheila is a splendid one to behold

Still could be a failing (sluggish) blower motor. Might snag 1 of those too for cheap while at the yard. Get it from the same car as the control module.
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.