CODE P0155 and P1151 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 48028
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 1999 Ford Taurus DOHC
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
jcs3632 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CODE P0155 and P1151

I brought my 1999 ford taurus DOHC to my trusted mechanic in order to fix the leak from the oil pan. He replaced the gasket and fixed the leak. Unfortunately, a few miles later the check engine light came on. The codes are:

P0155:O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P1151:Lack of Upstream O2 Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

I don't know much about cars but I was wondering if it is possible for me to fix this by myself by replacing the O2 sensors. Also, instructions on how to replace it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
jcs3632 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 10865
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sheila is a name known to allsheila is a name known to all

I would check to be sure the o2 sensor and its wiring didn't get damaged or unplugged during the oil pan gasket repair. On your car and eng., look for the green elec. plug just to the left of the batt. under the upper rad. hose(s). If you need to replace the o2 sensor and don't have a slotted o2 deep well socket, you can use a 7/8" wrench on that particular o2 sensor. It's the most accessible of the 4 o2s.
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of

I had a P0156 and P1151 pop up on mine recently. I havent dug into it to see what the problem is yet, however I know my pan gasket leaks so that would be the P1151, as far as the other I'm betting it's the sensor that's bad.

being that both are on the same bank in your case I would do as Sheila said and inspect the wiring to make sure nothing came loose.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you for your advices, I will look into this tomorrow morning and possibly replace the O2 sensor and will update if it get fixed. Once again, thank you
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Update:
I decided to look at it tonight since it was easy to find. I noticed that the two green boxes were not connected. I connected them together and realized that on the side, the things that help them clip on together are broken but they were still able to latch onto each other. I already deleted the check engine light and will drive the car around to see if the CEL will turn on. Hopefully, this is what is causing the codes.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Unplugged Bank 2 Sensor 1 was probably it!
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.