2005 Five Hundred only blows high - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 37977
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2005 for 500 limited
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
huskie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2005 Five Hundred only blows high

Hello everyone.

I have a 2005 Ford Five Hundred with Automatic Climate Control.
the blower only blows on high and once turned on will not turn off either, I am thinking that it is the blower motor speed control, but i cant find any test to make sure before i buy a new one.

I tried to search but did not find anything for auto climate.

thanks for all your help
huskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 36682
Drives: Sable LS Premium '03 Sable LS '01
chartmaker is a glorious beacon of lightchartmaker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Auto Climate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskie View Post
Hello everyone.

the blower only blows on high and once turned on will not turn off either, I am thinking that it is the blower motor speed control, but i cant find any test to make sure before i buy a new one.

thanks for all your help
Attached is pic of the control from a '03, my spare unit. Pick A Part half price day, I got a fan and control from a car with 46K on it. Doubt if it can be tested, best to substitute.

However, you may have a error in the radio/climate control. There is a procedure for checking that out. I do not have that right now but it has been posted.

-chart-

Last edited by chartmaker; 01-09-2014 at 03:42 PM.
chartmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 36682
Drives: Sable LS Premium '03 Sable LS '01
chartmaker is a glorious beacon of lightchartmaker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Atut Climate check

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskie View Post
Hello everyone.

thanks for all your help
Found it:

To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTO button within two seconds . The display will show a dashed line in the center of the climate control display window of the Integrated Control Panel (ICP) .
3. The test may run as long as 30 seconds . Record all DTCs displayed. The self-test is completed when 888 appears in the center of the climate control display window of the ICP.

4. If any DTCs appear during the self-test, record the #.

5. If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, refer to the SYMPTOM CHART condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Incorrect Operation.

6. To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, press the "-" (COOLER) side of the TEMP button. The RCC module will exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs.

To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the FRONT DEFROST button. All RCC module DTCs will be cleared. Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned off). Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs. If you exit by this method, your system will recalibrate the blend door.

If you get a code, I can give you the key for the codes. I do not have them handy but can get them.

The fan motor control is right by the fan, just under the glove box.

-chart-
chartmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement