Tube Attached To Intake Manifold - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 29351
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
mgrunsten has a little shameless behaviour in the past

One of the two tubes that is attached to the connector attached to the intake manifold, between the back pressure sensor and vacuum solenoid, has been burned and detached. I can't find the other end and can't find a diagram telling me what it connects to. HELP.
mgrunsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 11956
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 1993 V6 3.2 SHO
fdogg96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Can you post up a pic?

Clubs: SHOCAL & SHOForum

Past VP - TCCA West Coast Chapter
fdogg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 29190
kgrantkey has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (mgrunsten @ May 31 2010, 08:42 PM)
Quote:
One of the two tubes that is attached to the connector attached to the intake manifold, between the back pressure sensor and vacuum solenoid, has been burned and detached. I can't find the other end and can't find a diagram telling me what it connects to. HELP.[/b]

Both hoses on the egr backpressure transducer, connect one above the other on the exhaust manifold tube. (The metal pipe that connects the EGR valve to the exhaust manifold).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture_0999.jpg (157.7 KB, 273 views)
kgrantkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

QUOTE (kgrantkey @ May 31 2010, 11:42 PM)
Quote:
Quote:
One of the two tubes that is attached to the connector attached to the intake manifold, between the back pressure sensor and vacuum solenoid, has been burned and detached. I can't find the other end and can't find a diagram telling me what it connects to. HELP.[/b]

Both hoses on the egr backpressure transducer, connect one above the other on the exhaust manifold tube. (The metal pipe that connects the EGR valve to the exhaust manifold).
[/b][/quote]

Thanks kgrantkey, I believe that I am talking about a different set of tubes. I'm going to make a drawing per fdogg96's suggestion in the morning.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

QUOTE (fdogg96 @ May 31 2010, 09:44 PM)
Quote:
Can you post up a pic?[/b]
Thanks fdoog96. I'll do a drawing in the morning and post.

Appreciate your help.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

QUOTE (mgrunsten @ May 31 2010, 11:16 PM)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b][/quote]

Thanks kgrantkey, I believe that I am talking about a different set of tubes. I'm going to make a drawing per fdogg96's suggestion in the morning.

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[attachment=33341icture_0999.jpg]

Don't know if this will help. My car is a 96. The green hose is EGR valve to Vacuum solenoid. One red hose is vacuum solenoid to intake manifold. The other red hose is intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator (regulator not shown in pic.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture_0999.jpg (157.7 KB, 202 views)
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

QUOTE (kgrantkey @ Jun 1 2010, 12:38 AM)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

Don't know if this will help. My car is a 96. The green hose is EGR valve to Vacuum solenoid. One red hose is vacuum solenoid to intake manifold. The other red hose is intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator (regulator not shown in pic.)
[/b][/quote]

Thanks much kg! Think your note on where the red hoses go will get me to the connecting point. Great picture by the way.

Mike G
El Paso, TX
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

QUOTE (fdogg96 @ May 31 2010, 09:44 PM)
Quote:
Can you post up a pic?[/b]
Thanks for your response to my question. kgrankey sent a picture and gave me the info as to where the tubes go. Think I'm on my way.

Regards,
Mike G
El Paso, TX
Old 06-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hello again,

There is an additional red hose coming out of the connector attached to the intake manifold on my engine. I see that your engine has another plug under the backpressure sensor. My engine doesn't have that. Would you know what the hose coming out of that connector attaches to?

Thanks again for your help.
Mike G
El Paso
Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

QUOTE (mgrunsten @ Jun 2 2010, 06:38 PM)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hello again,

There is an additional red hose coming out of the connector attached to the intake manifold on my engine. I see that your engine has another plug under the backpressure sensor. My engine doesn't have that. Would you know what the hose coming out of that connector attaches to?

Thanks again for your help.
Mike G
El Paso
[/b][/quote]

On the back of my intake manifold are two red hoses side by side about 1 1/2 inches apart. One goes to the vacuum solenoid. The other runs past the solenoid around the end of the intake and connects to the fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes there is a sticker on the bottom side of the hood that displays the vacuum lines that may be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement