Fuel Pressure Regulator - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 29090
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Karen A has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hello everyone,

I was hoping that one of you kind people could please tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is on a 2001 Taurus, 3.0 OHV. I have searced high and low, combed the forums, took the car to Advance and Autozone. Advance say's there is one and it is on the fuel rail, though no one can find it. Autozone say's it is on/in the fuel pump. But when they took out a new fuel pump to show me, they can't find it. Does it exist or is it a myth. Any help will be appreciated.

Karen A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 10269
Imaperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to Imaperson

QUOTE (Ugg @ May 24 2010, 03:53 PM)
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I was hoping that one of you kind people could please tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is on a 2001 Taurus, 3.0 OHV. I have searced high and low, combed the forums, took the car to Advance and Autozone. Advance say's there is one and it is on the fuel rail, though no one can find it. Autozone say's it is on/in the fuel pump. But when they took out a new fuel pump to show me, they can't find it. Does it exist or is it a myth. Any help will be appreciated.[/b]
It is indeed on the fuel rail. Looking at the engine, find the fuel rail. It will be on the far left side with a vacuum line attached to it. Mine has an electrical connector for a function unknown to me, assuming for the dash MPG display. I don't believe yours will have it.

Imaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 11378
Jeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond repute

All gen 4 (2000 +) use returnless fuel systems. The electrical connector on the FPR sends an electrical pressure signal to the PCM. PCM then uses this to PWM the fuel pump via the FDM to keep that pressure steady at the requested value. The vacuum line keeps the pressure across the injectors constant under different vacuum conditions.
Toy #1 - 86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner) - LOTS of mods
Toy #2 - 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe - LOTS of mods
02 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized
Jeff K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member Number: 17476
jaba has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (Ugg @ May 24 2010, 05:53 PM)
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I was hoping that one of you kind people could please tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is on a 2001 Taurus, 3.0 OHV. I have searced high and low, combed the forums, took the car to Advance and Autozone. Advance say's there is one and it is on the fuel rail, though no one can find it. Autozone say's it is on/in the fuel pump. But when they took out a new fuel pump to show me, they can't find it. Does it exist or is it a myth. Any help will be appreciated.[/b]
I have an '02 with the 3.0L ohv and the pressure regulator is located in the fuel tank, in a module with the fuel pump. The thing on your fuel rail with the vacuum line and electrical connector is your fuel rail pressure sensor.
jaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement