How To Remove And Clean Egr Valve? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 17738
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
skrilla412 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm pretty sure the EGR valve is located near the firewall and it looks like a spaceship/mushroom looking thing. I see there is a metal pipe connected to it but thats where I get confused. Ive done other research and a hose usually connects to the EGR valve but I have a metal pipe of some sort.

How would I remove the EGR valve and clean it?? Also, what cleaning products should I use to clean the EGR valve??

A link of some sorts would help extremley or video is what I really want so I can just watch the video haha.

But any help would be great. I seen the right ups about EGR's on this website but I'm still confused. It doesnt tell you exactly how to remove the EGR and I'm just more confused because I have a metal pipe connected to my EGR instead of a hose.

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus GL 3.0 Vulcan Engine - thanks in advance for your help!!
skrilla412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 5295
Drives: 2005 Taurus SE 3.0L Vulcan Bought with 111,432KM in October of 2012
the_intimidator_02 is a jewel in the rough

The metal pipe that is connected to the EGR is connected to the exhaust manifold. The pipe feeds exhaust to the EGR. As for removing it, you just removed the nut that fastens the pipe to the EGR and unbolt the EGR from the intake. You may need to heat the nut around the pipe as it may be somewhat seized. As for cleaning it, you'd be better off to replace it if there is a problem with it.

Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.

The Human race is governed by it's own imagination.

Please don't steal, the government can't stand the competition.
the_intimidator_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 17738
skrilla412 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (the_intimidator_02 @ Apr 20 2010, 12:36 PM)
Quote:
The metal pipe that is connected to the EGR is connected to the exhaust manifold. The pipe feeds exhaust to the EGR. As for removing it, you just removed the nut that fastens the pipe to the EGR and unbolt the EGR from the intake. You may need to heat the nut around the pipe as it may be somewhat seized. As for cleaning it, you'd be better off to replace it if there is a problem with it.[/b]

is there a gasket that will need replaced as well?? Also, do those metal pipes ever need replaced?? and if so, does the local auto parts store carry this typr of pipe/hose?
skrilla412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.