Duratec Spark Plug Change - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member Number: 56074
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2008 blk on blk fx2 f150
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
santosmotors is an unknown quantity at this point

just did a spark plug change on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0 24valve DOHC without removing the UIM, check out my pictures and pm me with questions
thanks
Jose.
---red arrow on picture #01 shows location of 1, 2 and 3 spakplugs on my 3.0 duretec
---picture 02 is just a closeup view of the previous one and also shows location of DPFE sensor which I have replaced on several of these vehicles with more that 100k miles when I get an EGR code just a lil FYI
---picture 03 shows what you will need to remove the COP/boots set up cylinder 1(8mm deep socket, universal joint, and a 6" extension)
I used 3/8" drive FYI
---picture 4 show same set up removing COP on cylinder 2
---picture 5 show same set up removing COP on cylinder 3
---picture 6 shows set up used for actual sparkplugs removal (sparkplug socket, 6" extension, universal joint, 3" extension in that order) again I used 3/8" drive
first fit the sparkplug socket to te 6" extension into the sparkplug tube, then once you have situated it in place fit the universal joint and 3" extension to the top of the 6" extension, which will be sticking out the sparkplug tube, then guide the 3" extension right in between the cowl panel on the passenger side and the top of the UIM; then place the ratchet to loosen/remove plug
***please note that in my case once I had broken each sparkplug loose I had to remove ratchet, 3" extension and universal joint and remove them by hand since as I loosen them up tools were getting higher and higher until there was no more room for them and began rubbing up against cowl panel.

santosmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement