Body Control Module - Gen 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 1541
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Gen24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My keyless entry quit on my 99 DOHC, checked the remote battery, but that wasn't the problem. Car is at 220K miles, so I don't want to put much $ into it. It's a bit of a pain as I have to unlock with key on the passenger side due to some deer damage to the lock on the driver side (door opens okay though). I have a 99 Vulcan for parts, with at functioning keyless entry. Would there be any issues swapping the BCM-Body Control Module? Any idea where it's located?
Gen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 15109
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
outatyme357 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (Gen24 @ Apr 13 2009, 03:53 PM)
Quote:
My keyless entry quit on my 99 DOHC, checked the remote battery, but that wasn't the problem. Car is at 220K miles, so I don't want to put much $ into it. It's a bit of a pain as I have to unlock with key on the passenger side due to some deer damage to the lock on the driver side (door opens okay though). I have a 99 Vulcan for parts, with at functioning keyless entry. Would there be any issues swapping the BCM-Body Control Module? Any idea where it's located?[/b]
First thing you need to verify (as you stated you did) is that the fob's battery is good.
Next thing i would do is get in the car, close the door and turn the ignition key from off to acc 8 times
and you should hear the doors lock and unlock. This confirms that you are in RKE programming mode.
now press any button on one fob at a time on all fobs that you wish to use to lock/unlock the vehicle
(maximum of 4 supported) and the locks will cycle if the car saw the fob and programmed it. then turn
the ignition back to off and the locks will cycle to confirm programming mode exit. IF this procedure did
not fix your problem then you may need to replace your RAP (Remote Anti-Theft Personality) module
This module is located under the dash just above the gas pedal. If you replace the module and don't have
remotes already programmed to the replacement module then you will need to go thru the above programming sequence.
The module is plug-n-play. the only tough part about it is getting the old and replacement modules out of and back under the
bracket under the dash.
Hope this helps!
outatyme357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement