P0301 And P0316 Questions With My 2002 Taurus - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 14811
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
pinseng has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hi, everybody: my car is 2002 ford taurus sel and miliage is 76,000 miles. When I am stoping and waitting for green lights at the crossing, the car will shake occationally. Recently it shakes more and if I turn on Air Conditionor, it will shake dramatically.

Now the check engine light is on and I bought a code reader it shows the problem are P0301 and P0316. It says I need to change spark plugs for p0301. for p0316 it says is problem about crank sensor.

Can you guys tell me what I should do? Thank you

and I asked the mechanic for changing the 6 spark plugs and the wire is totally about 300 dollars. Is it ok for this work?
pinseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 18020
leezard has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
hi, everybody: my car is 2002 ford taurus sel and miliage is 76,000 miles. When I am stoping and waitting for green lights at the crossing, the car will shake occationally. Recently it shakes more and if I turn on Air Conditionor, it will shake dramatically.

Now the check engine light is on and I bought a code reader it shows the problem are P0301 and P0316. It says I need to change spark plugs for p0301. for p0316 it says is problem about crank sensor.

and I asked the mechanic for changing the 6 spark plugs and the wire is totally about 300 dollars. Is it ok for this work?
[/b]

$300 for changing plugs and wires? Do it yourself and save a boatload of cash
leezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 14811
pinseng has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yes, that is the mechanic tells me it will cost 300 for spark plugs and wire

if i do it myself, what tools should i use?

and for V6 engine, 3 spark plugs is on top and its easy but the rest 3 is on the back, is it difficult?

Thanks

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

$300 for changing plugs and wires? Do it yourself and save a boatload of cash
[/b][/quote]
pinseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 6 reviews
Bull Geek has much to be proud ofBull Geek has much to be proud ofBull Geek has much to be proud ofBull Geek has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

You can certainly can do it on your own. Remove the upper and lower cowling at the base of the windshield if you want some extra room. Otherwise, you just have to be creative with your use of extensions and swivel attachments.
--Wood paneled 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | OHV/AOD | 180K ish?

Former...
'87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member Number: 25562
way.aggie has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (pinseng @ Feb 5 2009, 07:57 PM)
Quote:

and I asked the mechanic for changing the 6 spark plugs and the wire is totally about 300 dollars. Is it ok for this work?[/b]
Have you finally solved this problem? I met the same problem right now. Could you please tell how you fixed it? Thanks a lot!
way.aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member Number: 13129
03se has a little shameless behaviour in the past

QUOTE (VARIOUS @ REALLY, REALLY OLD POST)
Quote:
pinseng:

way.aggie:
Have you finally solved this problem? I met the same problem right now. Could you please tell how you fixed it? Thanks a lot!
[/b]
Read the entire post and the answer to your problem awaits. It's like magic. :OOF::