Alert! Dorman Cam Synchronizer Assembly! - Page 9 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member Number: 1818
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
green has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Rockauto now sales the genuine motocraft synchronizer. Cost is $95
green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member Number: 8816
jlpiccard has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Mine just started chirping yesterday afternoon, so I was looking at various brands online. I was considering buying the Dorman, but wanted to check here first. Boy, am I glad I did. That could have been a very costly mistake. Im looking at other brands now, and will probably go with either the Motorcraft or Reman A1Cardone part. Thanks - this forum is a lifesaver. It looks like I just saved myself a ton of trouble.

Edited to add: Just found the Motorcraft part at Rock Auto for $79 + shipping & handling. Decided to go with that option. Thanks again guys.
jlpiccard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
I want to get a genuine Motorcraft camshaft sync, and sensor. Can someone please refer me to a online site to order the camshaft sync, and pos sensor. No time to go to a Ford Dealer, would prefer an online source.

TIA,

Billymach4
[/b]

Hey Billymach4 (or anyone else that may be looking for the Motorcraft parts),

As green mentioned, Rockauto is selling the Motorcraft parts now. One thing I found when I was looking today is that you can go to Motorcaft's website and search for parts by the VIN number. That brings up the correct configuration for your vehicle. Then, you can search by part # in Rockauto. This brings the part right up without having to go through the vehicle search option in Rockauto, and it helps ensure you are getting the correct part for your particular vehicle.

Someone may have mentioned this method earlier, but I thought I'd mention it.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member Number: 15142
billymach4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
I want to get a genuine Motorcraft camshaft sync, and sensor. Can someone please refer me to a online site to order the camshaft sync, and pos sensor. No time to go to a Ford Dealer, would prefer an online source.

TIA,

Billymach4
[/b]

Hey Billymach4 (or anyone else that may be looking for the Motorcraft parts),

As green mentioned, Rockauto is selling the Motorcraft parts now. One thing I found when I was looking today is that you can go to Motorcaft's website and search for parts by the VIN number. That brings up the correct configuration for your vehicle. Then, you can search by part # in Rockauto. This brings the part right up without having to go through the vehicle search option in Rockauto, and it helps ensure you are getting the correct part for your particular vehicle.

Someone may have mentioned this method earlier, but I thought I'd mention it.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting mine from fastpartsnetwork. Just got done changing the Sync. Will post pics. Boy do I feel good about this. It worked out well thanks to all of the info here!!!

billymach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #85 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 8024
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2006 SE Flex Fuel 75k
paker has a spectacular aura about

What is this part called? I searched for camshaft synchronizer at fastpartsnetwork but no hit.
Also, at RockAuto, I enter with keyword "camshaft synchronizer" it shows under engine. But when it is not listed for my car. Can someone give me a lead? Miine started chirping. Thanks.

PS: Dorman synchrornizers are sold at many online stores. Have they corrected the problem? Does anyone know?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #86 (permalink)

I had the day off from work today, so I went ahead and replaced my synchronizer and sensor. I'm glad I went with the Motorcraft part - everything fit like a glove. I went ahead and pulled the upper intake manifold because I wanted to replace the plugs and wires at the same time - that made it a little easier. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to do everything. I drove the car around for a while this afternoon to test everything and give the computer some 'relearn' time. Looks like all is well so far - it runs like new now, with no obvious leaks as of yet.

Thanks again for the warning about the Dorman part.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member Number: 15418
Dave A has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I read about all of these synchronizers being replaced but I dont hear how people are timing them...whether they are marking them, and getting them in close or whether they are using the special tool and procedure or whether they are just getting replaced without being timed.
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member Number: 13098
Drives: 2001 Taurus 'Betsy' 3.0 OHV Vulcan - 203K+
thebbbrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I read about all of these synchronizers being replaced but I dont hear how people are timing them...whether they are marking them, and getting them in close or whether they are using the special tool and procedure or whether they are just getting replaced without being timed.
[/b]
If you are careful when you mark them I used a photo and marks, and pull them out they go in pretty easy. Either they are way off or dead on. The teeth are so big that you'll know if your marks aren't lining up. As long as the new one is lined up exactly like the old one is, you're good to go.

thebbbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member Number: 12964
Big Remi has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Luckily I haven't heard the dreaded squeaking yet, although I suspect it was changed before I got the car at the local dealer meaning I have a Motorcraft replacement. Anyway, the shocking part about the synchro and other part failures is this: DORMAN IS NOT A CHINESE BASED COMPANY!!!! THEY'RE BASED RIGHT HERE IN THE USA IN PENNSYLVANIA!!! They could easily make the parts in the USA/Canada, but in the typical US corporation way, Dorman sells their soul to China in exchange for crappy, subpar auto parts. To prove I'm not crazy, here's their website address: Dorman Products Website Click on Corporate Info to see what I mean.
Big Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member Number: 11441
Pro Ford has a little shameless behaviour in the past

UPDATE: ALL the Reman A1CARDONE Units are working flawlessly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement