How Do I Replace Driver's Side Front Door Window Glass - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 7375
Drives: 2005 Taurus SE 3.0 OHV
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
sojiaraggs9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so my Taurus picked a fight with a semi and the driver's door window glass was broken. I bought a replacement glass off eBay for 9 bucks. I can't figure out how to detach the old rail that was attached the glass connected to the scissor like mechanism. Do I bend down the tabs and slide the rail off or maybe the ball joints connected to the square plastic runners pop off? I need to know pretty soon its getting cold.

-Kurk

Check out my Garage <--- Custom 2005 Taurus Se
sojiaraggs9000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 5051
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2000 Taurus LX 3.0 L Vulcan, FFV
boulderdentist has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have not done this procedure but here is what my manual instructed. On front doors lower the window for access to the two glass to retaining bracket rivets. Drill rivets out with a 1/8 inch drill bit. Then loosen the door glass stabilizer retaining nut and remove the rear mounting bolt on the front window channel. Remove the glass by tipping it forward and then lift it out from the door through the door belt opening toward the outside. Installation is to make sure the plastic spacers and retainer are in place on the glass. Lower the window into position in the door making sure it is seated in the top run channel. Position the window in the bracket and secure with new rivets or two 1/4-20 by one inch bolts and 1/4-20 nuts. Tighten fasteners securely. Install the weather strip, adjust window, and tighten the front channel run bolt securely. There is no illustration so hopefully it makes sense to you. My manual covers through 2001. Hope this helps.

Scott
boulderdentist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 10628
ParagonXL has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Search is your friend

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=546348
ParagonXL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member Number: 5051
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2000 Taurus LX 3.0 L Vulcan, FFV
boulderdentist has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hi ParagonXL,

You have posted great instructions, illustrations and I respect your knowledge. I also appreciate your suggestion that search is your friend, prevents needless duplication and a waste of time. However I have experienced very poor results utilizing search. There have been incidents when I know the exact title of the posting and the search yields no matches. I took a few minutes on this front driver's side window replacement trying multiple times with the results of error, no matches. front window glass replacement = no match. driver's side window glass replacement = no match. window glass replacement = no match. Search is definately your friend with results, how is it your friend when the result is error, no match? I do not understand why if you know the specific title of the post, search returns an error with no match? What benefit is a search when the result is error no match???

Scott
boulderdentist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

Quote:
Hi ParagonXL,

You have posted great instructions, illustrations and I respect your knowledge. I also appreciate your suggestion that search is your friend, prevents needless duplication and a waste of time. However I have experienced very poor results utilizing search. There have been incidents when I know the exact title of the posting and the search yields no matches. I took a few minutes on this front driver's side window replacement trying multiple times with the results of error, no matches. front window glass replacement = no match. driver's side window glass replacement = no match. window glass replacement = no match. Search is definately your friend with results, how is it your friend when the result is error, no match? I do not understand why if you know the specific title of the post, search returns an error with no match? What benefit is a search when the result is error no match???

Scott
[/b]
No, you are correct...it's a very picky setup. Unless something changes in the future, ie we have google indexing the site, this thread here might help you out http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=36008

And no, I didn't search for it.

-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K - FOR SALE, See Thread: click

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.