Back Seat In 1995 Ford Taurus Lx - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 13383
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
slimdog55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm going to be running my sound system cables either Thursday or Friday, and was wondering if its possible to lower the back seat in my 1995 Ford Taurus LX. If I can't lower it, how do I remove it? I need to run the power and RCA's to the trunk, and need to know how to get this seat out of the way by the end of the week. Thank you.
slimdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 3350
Nidan has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to Nidan

Well, if it's anything like the gen III - and i think it is... you have to remove the seat cushion first. You do that by feeling around at the bottom front edge of the cushion, on either side - you'll feel a hard spot where there's a metal brace - you have to push down on that pretty hard and push it back, as it hooks under a hook on the body under the seat. There's one on each side to release, positioned about centre of where the passengers would be sitting. Once you have the seat cushion off, you'll see nuts at the bottom of the rear seat on either side. Remove those bolts and lift the seat out.

If a Gen II owner reads this, perhaps they'll correct me, but i think that's how it comes out.

- Barenaked Ladies
(it suits me so well sometimes, heh)
Nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 3992
94clit has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via ICQ to 94clit Send a message via AIM to 94clit

Quote:

If a Gen II owner reads this, perhaps they'll correct me, but i think that's how it comes out.
[/b]
No correction needed ! sounds the same as far as I can remember. Also, I didnt have to take the seat back out, I snuck the wires through there near the bottom corner of the seat back.

i would like to personally thank volvo! garage
94clit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 9497
Stocker has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That's pretty much right. Except you don't have to push down on the cushion, just push it back and lift up.

After the seat back is unbolted it slides up out of the brackets on each side.

Have a vacuum cleaner handy.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member Number: 13383
slimdog55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'll just try to sneak the wires the wires through the corners. If I can't do that, I'll take the seats out now that I now how to! Thanks.
slimdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 11956
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 1993 V6 3.2 SHO
fdogg96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Well, if it's anything like the gen III - and i think it is... you have to remove the seat cushion first. You do that by feeling around at the bottom front edge of the cushion, on either side - you'll feel a hard spot where there's a metal brace - you have to push down on that pretty hard and push it back, as it hooks under a hook on the body under the seat. There's one on each side to release, positioned about centre of where the passengers would be sitting. Once you have the seat cushion off, you'll see nuts at the bottom of the rear seat on either side. Remove those bolts and lift the seat out.

[/b]
You push down to unhook the seat cushion, then u pull up and in towards u to remove it. The bolts to remove the back seat is next to the seat belt thing on top of the back seat. That's how i did it when i did my rear suspensions.

Clubs: SHOCAL & SHOForum

Past VP - TCCA West Coast Chapter
fdogg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement