Po 303 &po316 Code #3 Misfire - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 11466
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
invader40 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Replaced plugs & wires used motorcraft also replaced fuel injector,coilpack,dfpe sensor car rans great no code for a week then it pulled the same codes but the car is running well need some help thaks z
invader40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 3350
Nidan has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to Nidan

If you have misfire on #3, pull that plug out and have another look at it - make sure the gap is ok, and that the plug wire was properly seated. Make sure the wire is connected properly to the coil pack as well. When you say you replaced the injector, you mean the #3 injector only, or all of them? It's also possible you have another problem, like a vacuum leak or intake gasket failure.

- Barenaked Ladies
(it suits me so well sometimes, heh)
Nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
If you have misfire on #3, pull that plug out and have another look at it - make sure the gap is ok, and that the plug wire was properly seated. Make sure the wire is connected properly to the coil pack as well. When you say you replaced the injector, you mean the #3 injector only, or all of them? It's also possible you have another problem, like a vacuum leak or intake gasket failure.
[/b]
thanks for the reply Nidan, well some history :first code ever was excessive egr flow,then a po303,316 code so i replaced plugs and wires at first i had installed the bosch irridums . When i pulled the #3 plug it was black in color the car ran much better but there was still a small stutters in fact its most noticable at start up but no code for a week then i took it on the highway and it was back same code so i bought a coil pack and installed it & there was a crack in the bottom SO I THOUGHT GREAT THIS IS IT wrong again ran ok no code for a week then it started to stutter again so i was talkin with jr & he said get thiose bosch plugs out with that i figured t5oo change the fuel injector on the #3 cylinder only order it from napa & installed the motocraft plugs and the injector cleand the fuel rail the plenum & existing fuel injectors had allitle trouble with the plenum gaskets but they went in ;i bought new gaskets but this was the 3rd time in& they got allitle elongated anyway removed the battery cable to rest while i worked on it statede it up and it was great the engine was responsive and strong again BUT U GUESSED IT A WEEK LATER code came back again po303 &po316 Misfire #3 car is still running good only on cold stat up does it shake the the idel drops and it runs smooth i just dont get it is it possible for that plenum gasket to cause a misfire & on that same cylinder again or vacume leak would be a lean or rich condition i duuno
Old 03-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member Number: 11647
kool_taurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Seems like maybe the plug has a crack in it.... Switch plugs with another cylinder and see if it helps.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Seems like maybe the plug has a crack in it.... Switch plugs with another cylinder and see if it helps.
[/b]
hey cool sorry ittook so long for me 2 get back .Ok this is really weird i drove the car all day saturday and no problems parkeed it in the garage and had to run out again got in tried 2 start it and nothing dead batt went and put a new one in & no check engine lihgt so far the car has more power . Have u ever heard of something like that? thanks talk 2 u soon Z.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member Number: 1501
Bones has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Man, I am having the same issue; code po303 and 316. I just had the car at the shop to check it out and all of a sudden the thing started running like a top.

Are you still having issues?
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement