Change The Timing Cover Gasket? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 11605
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
onefive1515 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hi every one i just come from Taiwan to the US, and just bought the 2001 tuarus wagon in 2 month, and the timing cover gasket is leaking(in these 2 month i already spent more than 1300 dollars for the front breaking disk,water pumping,the belt.....etc), so I went to the shop and they told me to replace it need about 800-1000 us dollars again.(they show me a leak behind the water pump, and is leaking, so i guess it's really what they said. How much is the fair price for it to be fix? and how do they calculate the fixing cost?) since I'm new in US ( In live in rockville Maryland) is it reasonble price? and does anyone live near here can sugest a honest and reasonble auto repair shop? and by the way the coolant in the timing cover gasket is only dripping little by little it takes about 1 month to refill the coolant, if i did not fix it, do you think it will leak in to the engine and cause more problems? Thanks so much for your time
onefive1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 11605
onefive1515 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Hi every one i just come from Taiwan to the US, and just bought the 2001 tuarus wagon in 2 month, and the timing cover gasket is leaking(in these 2 month i already spent more than 1300 dollars for the front breaking disk,water pumping,the belt.....etc), so I went to the shop and they told me to replace it need about 800-1000 us dollars again.(they show me a leak behind the water pump, and is leaking, so i guess it's really what they said. How much is the fair price for it to be fix? and how do they calculate the fixing cost?) since I'm new in US ( In live in rockville Maryland) is it reasonble price? and does anyone live near here can sugest a honest and reasonble auto repair shop? and by the way the coolant in the timing cover gasket is only dripping little by little it takes about 1 month to refill the coolant, if i did not fix it, do you think it will leak in to the engine and cause more problems? Thanks so much for your time
[/b]

Anyone Thanks!
onefive1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 181
OldWagon has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Pictures might help, as it's very difficult to diagnose a leak via the Internet. Sometimes it's very difficult even in person, since air flowing over the engine while driving can move liquids a long distance from the actual leak.

Finding a good, reasonable shop near you is usually done through word-of-mouth -- that is, someone you know tells you about a good place. That can be tough when you first move... Cartalk has a collection of mechanics who have been recommended by the show's listeners at http://cartalk.com/content/mechx/find.html

Just enter your postal Zip code and how many miles you are willing to drive to a shop. You can enter a marque (Ford) if you want, but most American cars have very similar engineering and a good mechanic for a GM car should be a good mechanic for a Ford, except when specialized knowledge is required -- and specialized knowledge is what this forum has provided me, anyway, time and time again.
1998 SE Station Wagon (R.I.P. 2/28/09 at ~186k)
2004 Taurus SE w/Vulcan & AX4N | dark shadow gray metallic | gray cloth interior | still strong at 192K+
2000 Taurus SE wagon w/Vulcan & AX4S / tropic green metallic | gray cloth interior | purchased 6/12 at 51k miles
OldWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement