January Car of the Month Submissions - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default January Car of the Month Submissions

Anyone can submit, you don't even have to have a super fancy decked out car! Generally the entrants have modified their cars, but anyone can enter.

PLEASE SUBMISSIONS ON THIS THREAD ONLY! I will not include any submissions started as a new thread and will just delete those threads.

Voting begins the 15th and ends at the end of the month! There are room for up to 8 entries, first come first serve! If all 8 are filled before the 15th, voting will start as soon as the slots are filled.

I'm really looking to see Sables entering! I may enter my car if no one has anything against it!

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION HERE, ONLY SUBMISSIONS!

Any other talk or banter will be deleted. Please only ONE post per entrant! However feel free to submit many pictures (specify voting picture) and give a backstory or tell about your modifications if applicable.

The winner of this months car of the month will be promoted on the websites home page for a month!

The winner will also receive a 1 year FREE Premium Supporter subscription to the site! This means no advertisements, and a forum where only supporters may converse.

Please remember to read the rules which are stuck at the top of the Car of the Month forum. Remember, more than just Tauruses and Sables are accepted in this contest! A few other similar Ford cars are. Check the rules to find out!

You will also be entered in the 2013 COTY contest. The winner of that will win a LIFETIME PLATINUM membership!

Congrats on Decembers winner!
Intimidator

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec

Last edited by Sam; 01-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of

I'll throw mine in.....

01 Sable Wagon Premium, Duratec

I bought the wagon to replace my wife's Saturn wagon cause we needed more space. Space we got! I picked it up for $1400 and have done a bunch of work to it since it was in my driveway in June of 2011. So far I have replaced the coil, plugs/wires, UIM/LIM gaskets, a few vacuum lines, PCV/PCV hoses, front/rear brake pads and rotors, 3rd cat, 2 o2 sensors, and typical routine maintenance items.

This is how she looked when she came home...

Then I took the Tbird Sport rims I had on my Tbird and put them on the wagon with 225 60R16's on them

After that I put the stock rims back on it and started tinting the rear windows. I never completed that yet with winter set in and no garage to do it in.....

Finally setteled on getting rid of the black Tbird rims, and painted them silver and I'm sticking with that. I might sand them back out and go gunmetal in the spring but I'm not quite sure yet. This picture I took down the road from my house just after Hurricane Sandy right by the water. This area was under water during the storm......... we lucked out.

(^^ Entry Photo)

She's been put to work many times

Cant do that with a sedan! ^^

I'm in process of fixing the lovely door panels now . I have a few things to do to it but she's been a trooper! I used her to drive the family to NC for vacation, as well as dropping the seats and loading it up with stuff to take to the recycling center as well as trips to home depot for doors in my house. A true all purpose vehicle without being a gas guzzeling truck or a van.

SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR A WAGON!! You know you want to

Last edited by sousa632; 12-31-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 47183
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2007 Crown Victoria P71
Trader Score: 3 reviews
2001 SES is a jewel in the rough

Here's my new ride, a 1995 SHO 3.0L manual tranny. She's got 126k on er and many more left. It's not up to my standards yet but it's getting there slowly but surely. SHO a SHO some love this month and vote for this beauty!

1995 SHO Red - Sold
The ex-official bad ass bulls of Central New York

Need some Mach audio? PM me, plenty in stock

Last edited by Sam; 12-31-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member Number: 47151
Chapter: Eastern Canada
Drives: 2000 SEL
Trader Score: 0 reviews
SloppyJalopey is on a distinguished road

My first mod, blue fog lights
Next was a police interceptor badge and license plate covers

I painted the rocker cover red, thinking of cleaning it off, masking off the 3.0 and painting the cover blue and polising the 3.0L, I have already removed the intake silencer and added a small screen to the bottom of the air box and a k&N filter

Next was a Sony Xplod deck, mainly because of the tray inside to hold an ipod or usb device and 2- 10" Jensen subwoofers with 2- 500W amps, a memphis and a phoenix gold.

- Voting picture

COMING SOON! - Straight pipe exhaust, 17" Konig monsoon rims with lo'pro tires (Possibly), Lowering springs, billet grille, Tinted windows and much more that i cant remember!

2002 Ford Taurus LX - Trans Failure at 350 000 KM

2000 Ford Taurus SEL - DD 260 xxx KM

Last edited by SloppyJalopey; 01-12-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Member Number: 43942
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO, 402B pkg, modified.
bpd1151 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151

Seeing as there aren't any of the newest Generation of bull represented for this month as of yet, I will submit mine for January 2013.

Admin / Mod's, feel free to select w/e image you feel would be best suited for the actual "voting" picture. I'll yield to your discretion on that.

Good luck to all of this month's COTM entrants.

Addt'l information, pics, mods performed, etc. etc. can be found by visiting the "My Garage" tab located on the left of my post, under my avatar.

Thanks for viewing

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediachicago.com/#!sponsored/cnos

Car Of The Month: January 2013
Car Of The Year: 2013
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member Number: 52191
Drives: 2001 SEL 24V DOHC Wrecked ;-(
ArcticCat650H1 will become famous soon enough

This was my 2001 SEL Duratec. It sure cleans up nice.

Last edited by Sam; 02-28-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member Number: 33178
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 1994 TAURUS LX WAGON 3.8L V6
aquinoj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gen 2 LX Wagon

Gen 2 wagon? Ill try God luck to everyone! (third pic is voting picture)

Last edited by Sam; 02-28-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for entering! Voting thread will start shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread