Vehicle Information Change! Update Your Info NOW!! - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Exclamation Vehicle Information Change! Update Your Info NOW!!

Hello everyone. If you haven't notice yet, we are trying to make a few changes that will benefit the community at large. First and foremost, is the requirement of adding your vehicle information. This will help those who are trying to help you with your issues accurately diagnose your issue. This comes as there are members who do not add information about their vehicle at registration, and when asking for help, they neglect to specify what their car is. This will cut down on the "What car/year/engine/transmission do you have" posts, or random guessing, as the information will be visible on the left of your post under your Avatar where it currently says "Drives".

Now I understand it's going to be a hassle to get all current members to complete this, as not everyone visits frequently however I am making this a required field for all new members and current members who update their profile information. The Location field is also a requirement as there are issues members deal with in their part of the country that others do not. Again...... helping US help YOU.

Here is how to access and complete this process........

Open your User Control Panel located here:

Click "Edit Your Details":

Add the year of your vehicle:

Click the drop down arrow to select your make and model Bull. If you don't currently own one, select "other:

Click the drop down arrow to select your Engine.
If you don't know which one you have, select "other, however look here, What Generation/engine/tranny Do I Have? ,to find out what you have and edit this option when you have the right information. You can also ask........

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" and you are done. 30 seconds of your time, saves hours of waiting for answers because you did not enter your vehicle information.

IF YOU DO NOT MAKE THIS SIMPLE CHANGE, THE INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE ENTERED ALREADY WILL NOT BE THERE! So please, everyone go into your User Control Panel and update your vehicle information ASAP so your vehicle information is there for anyone who's taking their time to answer questions that you have about your vehicle. If you have multiple Bulls, you can add cars to your signature. Any questions please ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1748
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	169521   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1750
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	169529   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1765
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	169537   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1751
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	169545  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1767
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	169553  

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 194K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sousa632; 03-21-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Hello everyone. This change has been implemented so please go into your user control panel and update your information.

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 194K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 03:51 PM
TCCA Facebook Admin

Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
How does this work for members with multiple bulls?

Josh S.
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2003 Taurus SHO V8 - Dark Shadow Grey
1996 Taurus SHO - Rose Mist - COTY 2015
2002 Taurus SEL Premium - Royal Blue

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Look at the last line of the first post. If you have multiple bulls, enter the car that you most commonly use/repair/stare at in your driveway in the UserCP, and then put all the cars you currently have in your sig. So for you, put the SHO in the information panel, and add your SHO and your sister's SEL in your sig, like you already have.

It's a pain at first for the older members, but at least now the information is front and center. New users are now required to add this information at the time of registration, so anyone new will already have this information. Also, if you make any changes to your user information, this is also required for you to complete the changes.

John

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 10:36 AM

Year: 1999
Model: Mercury Sable

Trader Score: 1 reviews
May I suggest that an option be added where one can choose sedan or wagon?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1990
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
May I suggest that an option be added where one can choose sedan or wagon?
Agreed, as there are suspension differences between sedans and wagons in older models and also some wagon-specific maintenance/repair situations as well.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Before I look into getting this added, any other opinions on adding that field?

Kevin
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Would rather see the vehicle information required at registration as that was the intent in making the change in the first place.
WildGoose210 likes this.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
I updated my info as requested.

Although I still have to upload pics for each applicable area, I like the change.

I figured plenty of pics floating around of my car anyhow, so I didn't necessarily feel rushed to do that aspect of it.

Thanks to the staff above me for implementing said changes. I think they'll work well for the community as a whole, presuming everyone follows suit and completes the new fields as well.

Great addition to the TCCA.
jag1959 likes this.

World's Highest AWHP SHO (Aug. 2014- June 2016), & World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO to date! Details Here:

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1990
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

^1. Agreed, although I see new users posting in the Intro forum without vehicle info visible. I thought the purpose of this change was to put a stop to that?

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page