Picture Posting Guide - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bull geek Send a message via MSN to bull geek
*** Edit: For those that don't want to download/install software or do not have Windows XP, see reply below. ***

Seeing as we get new members often enough, and there doesn't seem to be any specific instructions for how to post pictures, I wrote up a guide this afternoon.
======================================
Part 1
By: Bull Geek (Nick)
Written: August 25, 2005

First of all, these instructions are for the Windows OS only. I do not own, nor am I familiar with the Macintosh in any way. I am not in any way responsible for computer problems that result after following these instructions.

WINDOWS XP

Folks with Windows XP luck out, because you will not require a third party piece of software. Microsoft released a special batch of add-ons for Windows XP called "PowerToys". The PowerToy that is needed for this is called Image Resizer. Click the following link and download it from Microsoft: http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe

Follow the on-screen instructions for download. I recommend restarting your computer when you are done, even though it does not say so, just to be safe. Once the PC has booted back up, you should be able to right click on the picture and get a menu similar to this picture:

Select "Resize Picture" a window should pop up that looks like this:

TCCA limits picture size to 100KB---640x480 in JPG (also known as JPEG) should be fine and meet that requirement. You might be able to get away with 800x600 but if your picture is extremely colorful/detailed, you probably will have a file size over 100KB. After selecting the radio button that corresponds to the size you want, hit "OK". The newly resized picture will be in the same folder as the original (most likely at the end of the list).

Ready to post pictures? Open up TCCA and decide whether you want to make a new topic or post a reply. Once you open the window, type your message (you have to have something in the box, otherwise it won't accept the post), and scroll down to the "attachments" section below where you typed your message. Click Browse and locate the place you put your picture.

Select it and say open. Make note that you can only attach one picture per post using this method.

If you'd like to upload larger, higher quality pictures, why not donate to TCCA and get a 500KB limit and a larger PM inbox? All it takes is a small donation, any amount gives you the features plus, it keeps the extremely reliable, fast server running for everyone to post.

--Nick
-'66 Ford Country Squire wagon 390/C6
-'87 & '89 Mercury Colony Park wagons 302 EFI/AOD
-'90 Lincoln Town Car 302 EFI/AOD
-'03 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L/4R70W

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Technical Advisor

Part 2
By: Bull Geek (Nick)
Written: September 19, 2005

First of all, these instructions are for the Windows OS only. I do not own, nor am I familiar with the Macintosh in any way. I am not in any way responsible for computer problems that result after following these instructions.

WINDOWS XP

Follow the same instructions as previous Guide for resizing till you reach the part where you are to upload the pictures. Stop before that point.

Now, go to the TCCA homepage and click up where it says Gallery:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery1.JPG' alt='' width='1063' height='399' class='attach' />

Next, click “Create/order my albums”:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery2.JPG' alt='' width='756' height='399' class='attach' />

Next, click on “New”:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery3.JPG' alt='' width='430' height='400' class='attach' />

Then click in the text box and type in a name you want for the gallery. In my case, I put “Random.” Then click apply modifications. A window will pop up to confirm, just say OK/Yes:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery4.JPG' alt='' width='435' height='370' class='attach' />

Click “Continue”:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery5.JPG' alt='' width='1040' height='370' class='attach' />

Now that your back on the Gallery’s home screen, click upload picture:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery6.JPG' alt='' width='546' height='328' class='attach' />

Keep in mind that your picture must be smaller than 1024KB (1M, otherwise, the upload will fail. Select the album you wish to upload the picture to from the drop down menu (the one you created has an star next to it). Click browse to locate where you have the picture saved that you want to upload. Fill in the other boxes accordingly (keywords help, especially if someone’s searching the net, i.e. flowmaster, exhaust). If it’s a picture, you do not have to type in the width/height if you don’t want to:

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery7.JPG' alt='' width='698' height='400' class='attach' />

Hopefully, your picture uploaded properly. Now depending on your browser, follow 1) for Mozilla FireFox or 2) for Internet Explorer

1)With that page with the picture still up, right click on the picture and say “Copy Shortcut”
2)With that page with the picture still up, right click on the picture and say “Properties” Highlight the Address (URL) and right click on it, and say copy.

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_Gallery8.JPG' alt='' width='342' height='400' class='attach' />

Finally, open up a post, click the IMG button, and right click in the box where you type the text and say paste. Click OK when your done, and you have now offically posted a picture

[img]http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12580/normal_gallery9.JPG' alt='' width='793' height='400' class='attach' />

--Nick

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Merged and cleaned up so everyone can find it easily

* 2002 SES Sport * Fully loaded * Cargo Organizer * Silver Stars * Michelin Hydroedge * Crusin the streets of Indy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
* May 06 COTM! * Click garage or sig for more.

"Christ i think the thing that degrades the quality of your car is your camera " - afi292

"Jer's car is like a blonde bombshell" - Ashley

Automatic carwashes are like Hookers........are you sure you want to use it next????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
TCCA Staff (Retired)

Chapter: Northeast

Good write up! I've been here almost a year and I could never figure out how to post in the gallery.

BTW, how many images can you upload into an album? Anybody know?

post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Adam B.

The galary can hold a set amount of space depending on what level of supporter you are. If you resize your images a few mb's should be pleanty. Here is the list:

Quote:
Regular Members - 1 Megabyte
Special Suporter - 2 Megabytes
Select Supporter - 3 Megabytes
Premium Supporter - 4 Megabytes
Silver Supporter - 5 Megabytes
Gold Supporter - 6 Megabytes
Platinum Supporter - 7 Megabytes
Excellent writeup by the way. Good job. And Pinned!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Technical Advisor

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam B.@Sep 20 2005, 02:00 PM
The galary can hold a set amount of space depending on what level of supporter you are.* If you resize your images a few mb's should be pleanty.* Here is the list:

Quote:
Regular Members - 1 Megabyte
Special Suporter - 2 Megabytes
Select Supporter - 3 Megabytes
Premium Supporter - 4 Megabytes
Silver Supporter - 5 Megabytes
Gold Supporter - 6 Megabytes
Platinum Supporter - 7 Megabytes
Excellent writeup by the way. Good job. And Pinned!
Thanks everyone Wasn't sure how much space you were given, but that answers that question. Shall I make a writeup for resizing pictures for those stragglers using Win98/ME/2K?

--Nick

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to rudedog Send a message via MSN to rudedog Send a message via Yahoo to rudedog
why not ....besides you'll get a cool icon for it, and much thanks from all us compuder illiterate peoples

Rudy Heinemann Jr.

May 2008 Car of The Month/Car of the Year 2008

February Car of the Month T.S.O.C.
March Car of The Month T.C.C.A.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to lzzrdboy Send a message via MSN to lzzrdboy Send a message via Yahoo to lzzrdboy
When I go to the gallery, I don't get options for creating albums or uploading files. Just options to navigate pre-existing galleries...any ideas?

Peace Be With You!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: West Coast

Quote:
Originally posted by LzzrdBoy@Jun 12 2006, 06:29 PM
When I go to the gallery, I don't get options for creating albums or uploading files. Just options to navigate pre-existing galleries...any ideas?
I have the same problem. I am glad I am not the only one.

Lucky

WEST COAST SOUTHERN CHAPTER(SOCAL)
"The second place, is the first loser" Strike for excellence.
Taurus 99 LX - Vulcan - AKA : Lucky 13
Taurus SHO 1992 - AKA: Green
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Technical Advisor

Hmm...just looked myself. Heck, I don't even have that option Ummm...any ideas Adam? :shrug:

--Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page