Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum - View Single Post - new purchase maintenance attention
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
bigddutchman

Chapter: Midwest

new purchase maintenance attention

late in the fall bought my 2nd 5-speed '89 sho, this one with 82500 original miles. (the first was bought new, and kept until 2004.)
my most recent purchase never saw winter snow or salt. it was well-cared-for by a proud owner. body is exceptionally clean, straight and rust-free. everything except radio, emergency brake, (and possibly a/c - which i do not intend to use) is in great working order.
when i take it out of winter storage in the coming spring, i want to address all maintenance issues that may have been overlooked to date. i do not have a log of maintenance done. i do know from the vin that all recall matters have been addressed. my question is - what are the things i should give attention to as preventative maintenance, instead of waiting for a problem to arise.
my list so far is: timing belt, accessory belts, valve lashing, radiator flush and fill, and possibly repacking of wheel bearings.
do you want to say anything about my list? would you add anything to the list? thanks!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome