The Amazingly Off Topic Thread II: OT Harder - Page 38 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 177Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #371 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:44 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 2 reviews
9 months as a contractor with the consulting firm I work for and I'm being flipped to a permanent IT Consultant on 1/3 I'm very happy about that because with it, I get paid time off right out of the gate, my salary does not change but we have a bi-annual bonus totaling 5% of our annual salary if we meet/exceed our goals(which I have NO problems doing with everything that's going on in the company I support).

Yesterday, after a month and a half of set up and prep work, we opened one of the many offices slated to open. This was my first opening so there was a lot of little things that I saw that need tweaking for the next office so it goes smoother but all in all...... it went off without a major hitch. This site is a pilot office for 2 items we don't have anywhere else so that was a chore in and of itself to get those functional. One of which we were told we were going to implement next week, then at 2pm the day before opening, they said they wanted it functional for opening. That was a 12 hour day for me....... I was told, despite all of the construction issues that held us up and the little hiccups on our end, that it was the smoothest openings they had. We now have 4 more offices that are opening by the end of March so I'm going to be EXTREMELY busy with that along with the day-to-day operations. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new, and that I like. Monotony is the worse thing about a job, but this one is far from that! They keep me on my toes.
jag1959 likes this.

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 193K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post
9 months as a contractor with the consulting firm I work for and I'm being flipped to a permanent IT Consultant on 1/3 I'm very happy about that because with it, I get paid time off right out of the gate, my salary does not change but we have a bi-annual bonus totaling 5% of our annual salary if we meet/exceed our goals(which I have NO problems doing with everything that's going on in the company I support).

Yesterday, after a month and a half of set up and prep work, we opened one of the many offices slated to open. This was my first opening so there was a lot of little things that I saw that need tweaking for the next office so it goes smoother but all in all...... it went off without a major hitch. This site is a pilot office for 2 items we don't have anywhere else so that was a chore in and of itself to get those functional. One of which we were told we were going to implement next week, then at 2pm the day before opening, they said they wanted it functional for opening. That was a 12 hour day for me....... I was told, despite all of the construction issues that held us up and the little hiccups on our end, that it was the smoothest openings they had. We now have 4 more offices that are opening by the end of March so I'm going to be EXTREMELY busy with that along with the day-to-day operations. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new, and that I like. Monotony is the worse thing about a job, but this one is far from that! They keep me on my toes.
Congrats on your work.

-chart-
sousa632 likes this.
post #373 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
SNOW!
Predicted less than an inch.
I shoveled 3 times and ran the snow blower out to the street.
Maybe the real fear is when they predict "little or no accumulation."
Wife's dog loves the snow. Guess who walks the dog in the snow?
-chart-

post #374 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Model: Ford Taurus

Hey everyone, hope that all is well, I haven't logged in for quite some time. Just thought of the group due to watching Jeopardy last night. The new champion is named John and he mentioned playing the sousaphone, just thought that was a great coincidence!
sousa632 likes this.

Tyson
No matter where you go, the first person that you meet when you get there will be yourself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #375 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 05:38 PM

Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 1
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Garage
Few days ago, morning predicted 1-2 inches of snow, mid morning predicted 2-4 inches, afternoon was predicting 4-8 inches by the end of the day it was 8-14 in most places and is still here 4 days later. But now for more fun, its pouring rain today and still 27 out! So with all the snow (thats still there because its been freezing since the 1 day it did snow) were going to have a boatload of ice all over!

And stupid Washington, brought their salt trucks down Did not like that one bit! Didnt change anything and now, egh salt. =/
post #376 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:14 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Model: Mercury Sable Wagon

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty White Bull View Post
Hey everyone, hope that all is well, I haven't logged in for quite some time. Just thought of the group due to watching Jeopardy last night. The new champion is named John and he mentioned playing the sousaphone, just thought that was a great coincidence!

To bad it really wasn't me though

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 193K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
post #377 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 09:22 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1990
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by japakar View Post
And stupid Washington, brought their salt trucks down Did not like that one bit! Didnt change anything and now, egh salt. =/
Yeah, who needs traction when one's life and those of his loved ones are at stake?

I grew up with salt in Massachusetts. Far worse things than that. Some tree-hugger from Brookline (not Dukakis, believe it or not) once tried to get road salt banned because "the salt ended up in the ocean." Even the liberals shamed his ignorant ass into silence.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lgbpop; 01-17-2017 at 09:25 PM.
post #378 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 06:59 AM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: '13
Engine: 2.0L EcoBoost I4

Garage
West coast = snow and Ice
East coast = snow

Wisconsin = 50* and rain??

Red Hawke-
post #379 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
(not Dukakis, believe it or not)

He was probably too busy driving the tank.
Lgbpop likes this.

Bradley.
Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio system, other enhancements. April '14 COTM winner.

See more details

What's next, 'the eyes that rolled at my massive ego'?
post #380 of 404 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
Yeah, who needs traction when one's life and those of his loved ones are at stake?

I grew up with salt in Massachusetts. Far worse things than that. Some tree-hugger from Brookline (not Dukakis, believe it or not) once tried to get road salt banned because "the salt ended up in the ocean." Even the liberals shamed his ignorant ass into silence.
I believe your are a locksmith and might remember these in the pic. I am doing some volunteer work for a local church. They have ~15 of these, building is 50 years old. The latches are sticking. I removed the one from the mechanical room and am switching them out one at a time, taking one home and cleaning them up and some light lube on moving parts. They then work like new. The key tumblers are fine, but the rest is sticky. This started when the one in daily use on the office kept getting loose. Found they had put a tiny nail in the place of the wire keeper, and it was too small and too short. Made a new one out of brass rod and then began cleaning and switching.

I am not a locksmith, do not pretend, but this is just plain mechanical stuff. I wire brush the paint off with a powered wire brush and that alone helps. I drive by on the way to the mall, and other shopping so I stop by and switch one out at a time. These are really rugged parts. Should last another 50 years. May need to replace the mechanical room hardware as it cannot be legal to lock that one. Fire and safety inspections have not caught it yet but no reason to tempt them.

-chart-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DoorLatch17.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	186498  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page