What grinds your gears? - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Sam
breeves002

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
What grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
Heh, that's why I said 99.9%. I know a few Toyota drivers that aren't crazy, but most of them just don't drive in what I would consider a logical manner.
My dad drives a Toyota and he doesn't drive in a logical manner... Hah.

Lots of driving things that make me mad... I yell at people all the time lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sam

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:
2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 3 reviews
What grinds your gears?

I can't stand people who drive imports, mainly dumbasses with those riced out Japanese **** cars...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Josh
2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
2001 SES Harvest Gold - Sold
1995 SHO Red - Sold
The ex-official bad ass bulls of Central New York

Need some Mach audio? PM me, plenty in stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2001 SES; 02-19-2013 at 12:13 PM.
post #13 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Pretty much everything was already said here!

I'll add one thing though. It seems that every time I finish a job on the Taurus and everything seems to be working perfectly, something else will be needing fixed! Whether it was something I messed up or just cause of normal wear and tear!

post #14 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy1990 View Post
Pretty much everything was already said here!

I'll add one thing though. It seems that every time I finish a job on the Taurus and everything seems to be working perfectly, something else will be needing fixed! Whether it was something I messed up or just cause of normal wear and tear!
Ah, your car is in it's 'nickle and dime the master to death' stage. That was fun on the family Suburban. New water pump, new intake manifold, new injectors...the list kept growing. Eventually it stopped.

That being said, it did have 208k miles when we sold it, and I still see the new owner driving it around four years later.

Bradley.
Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio system, other enhancements. April '14 COTM winner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

See more details

What's next, 'the eyes that rolled at my massive ego'?
post #15 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Technical Advisor

• People that don't understand roundabouts (especially two-lane roundabouts)
  • People that don't know how to turn (cutting corners and crossing lines)
  • People that are texting/surfing/reading while driving
  • People that block the left lane for more than 2 miles
  • People that blind me with misaligned headlights or illegal HID kits
  • And yes, people that drive Toyotas! (I've also noticed a strong correlation with erratic/confused driving.) They're usually nice people, but they just can't drive.
post #16 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 AM
I'll Be Watching You!

Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by behlinla View Post
  • And yes, people that drive Toyotas! (I've also noticed a strong correlation with erratic/confused driving.) They're usually nice people, but they just can't drive.
I'd have to say more people who drive Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and the like because they feel that the rules of the road dont apply to them, my guess is that they have the money to pay for the fines or buy out judges, or throw some sort of 'status' around.

And the "do you know who I am" and "I know (insert name here), and I'll have your job" people. I don't care if you know God himself....... you aren't that important to me.

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 196K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

post #17 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Former Moderpony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post
People who don't know how to merge on highways
I drive quite a bit, so this one really gets me. Everyone on the on-ramp thinks they have the right of way. We really, really need higher standards for drivers ed.
Quote:
RUDENESS! 'nuff said

Oh and did I say RUDENESS?? Yea..........
Amazing how the words "Please" and "Thank You" have eroded from our society. Mainly because (and this get's to another annoyance) everyone is of the belief that they are entitled to everything now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behlinla View Post
  • People that don't understand roundabouts (especially two-lane roundabouts)
  • People that don't know how to turn (cutting corners and crossing lines)
  • People that are texting/surfing/reading while driving
  • People that block the left lane for more than 2 miles
  • People that blind me with misaligned headlights or illegal HID kits
It's amazing how a country so in love with Nascar can find driving in a circle so difficult. And boy do they complain too.

All you have to do is yield and turn right. NOT THAT DIFFICULT. They even have a couple thousand signs at each round-about telling you how to do it (despite the fact that every driver on the road should know what a "Yield" sign is, and "One-Way")

What really get's me though are the people that can't figure out how to navigate through roundabouts so they start making up complete bs about them being dangerous and whatnot. Christ, they're worse than the people blaming the windmills for causing their diabetes.

There is one roundabout here in Sheboygan though that is a complete mess, I'll give them that. I don't know who designed it, but it is legitimately bad.
Google Maps

post #18 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Sam
breeves002

Garage
What grinds your gears?

So adding to roundabouts, there is a slightly unofficial one in my neighborhood. There are clearly marked signs saying go to the right only. So many times I have nearly run into someone because the come to the left. I turn right and there are cars parked on the side, so I can't tell if anyone is about to go the wrong way. So I go and suddenly someone is there. I have to stop every time.

One time I went right (this is a low traffic area), and I saw someone coming so I stopped. The then (instead of going right) stopped so I couldn't even go anywhere. They backed up and then sat there. I pointed to the right and they waved me on. So I went and yelled "it's a one way roundabout you fu***n moron! She proceeded to go the wrong way through it. She was driving a Toyota.......

I also hate it when people on on ramps are driving 35 when they merge and the speed limit it 60+. This is why all new cars must have a 15 sec 0-60 or faster...

Another thing is when people just drive super slow in the far left lane on the freeway. This one freeway here (I-170, short 10mile freeway connecting middle to north Stl county) has the worst, crazy drivers. ALWAYS people driving under the speed limit in the far left lane. Not being racist, but 9/10 times its an African American person. North county is where most black people live in St. Louis so it would make sense why many drive on this highway.

John, Lexus = Toyota

Sam

2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:

Last edited by Sam; 02-19-2013 at 12:08 PM.
post #19 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southeast

I hate crotch rocket bikes. I hate every last person who gets on one of them and think they're some kinda speed racer. I've never seen one drive normally. Never seen one cruise.

Its always BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMM out of a stoplight, weaving in and out of traffic, going 75 in a neighborhood and going 120 on the interstate, stupid retards.

Thing I hate the most is what the call ROCK now a days. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?! Sure I can complain about 2 years ago we had that whole "Country rock" thing happening, where all the rock stations played just utter crap from vocalists who sound like they smoke 12 cartons of cigarettes before singing, but now every song is this hippie **** with no drum beats, no guitars, just hippie circle sounding music that can put a walrus to sleep.

That's not rock, that's crap. And all the bands I know and love are going way down hill. They make one song, and the whole album sounds the same. Then the album after that, and after that all sound the same. You can listen to them all in order and you'll swear you just heard one long song that lasted 3 hours.

Music is dying.

And that pisses me off.

2000 Taurus SE "Lady Hearse"
__1995 Taurus SHO "Organ Donor"

____1996 Thunderbird LX "Jade Phoenix"
post #20 of 3324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Sam
breeves002

Garage
What grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I hate crotch rocket bikes. I hate every last person who gets on one of them and think they're some kinda speed racer. I've never seen one drive normally. Never seen one cruise.

Its always BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMM out of a stoplight, weaving in and out of traffic, going 75 in a neighborhood and going 120 on the interstate, stupid retards.
100% agree. Was with my gf yesterday in moderate traffic with a guy on one weaving and I told her "I wanna hit him. He would fall off and die. He deserves it. I won't though because I don't want to dent my car or go to jail. Blood doesn't come out easily."

People with the sports bikes that drive like crazy mofos piss me off. I've seen two people get killed on them. One lost control going 50, slid into a pole and if literally cut him in half. Intestines were hanging out. That's one of those throw up moments... Second was two lane highway around a turn. Behind an 18 wheeler. This guy must have been going 100mph. He couldn't make the turn tightly enough going that fast and smashed head on into the truck. Body went flying past. I just saw lots of red and motorcycle parts. Every time I see a crotch rocket I say "I don't feel like seeing someone die today so get away from me"...

Sam

2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page