Review: Stoner's Invisible Glass - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Review: Stoner's Invisible Glass

Product Name: Invisible Glass

Price:
Varies, $3-$10.

Description:
It cleans glass.

The Review:
Look, I hate bird doo-doo as much as the next guy. That's why I stick with Stoner's Invisible Glass. In reality, this gets everything off of windows. Everything. Tar, sap, stickers, soap scum, plasticizer residue (that gunk that builds up on the inside).

Personally, I've found the wipes to be more than satisfactory, though I find it typically takes two of them to fully clean one Taurus inside and out. They're also tint-safe, though you should always test your particular tint to make sure. I also have used the spray bottle, and it works just as well. Use it around the house and everything to great satisfaction.

Pros: Effective, safe, doesn't smell.

Cons:
Bit pricy compared to Uncle Bob's Cheap-o Glass Cleaner, especially the wipes.

Verdict: Just throw whatever junk you've been using out and get the good stuff already.

Disclaimer: Not liable for any injury, property damage, theft, fire, loss of pride, hives, allergies, or any other effects that may occur should you choose to follow this review.

Bradley.
Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio system, other enhancements. April '14 COTM winner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

See more details
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What's next, 'the eyes that rolled at my massive ego'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northern

I have a seriously resilient residue that keeps reappearing on the inside of my windshield. I've cleaned it time and again and it always comes back, and it's incredibly annoying. It's hazy, resistant to chemical window cleaners (store-brand Windex), and makes driving into direct sunlight dangerous. Worst of all, I can't figure out what's causing it.

Think this stuff will work?

David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Year: 2003

That's plasticiser haze, and yes it will. But it'll keep coming back because the plastics in your car release it.

Bradley.
Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio system, other enhancements. April '14 COTM winner.

See more details

What's next, 'the eyes that rolled at my massive ego'?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northern

UGH. It doesn't seem like it happens in any other car in my family's fleet except mine, but as long as I can get rid of it for a while, I suppose...

David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 PM
TCCA Facebook Admin

Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
LOL @ "loss of pride"

I've seen it in the store, but never tried it. Might be time...

Josh S.
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2003 Taurus SHO V8 - Dark Shadow Grey
1996 Taurus SHO - Rose Mist - COTY 2015
2002 Taurus SEL Premium - Royal Blue

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable Wagon

Trader Score: 2 reviews
I've used this for many, many years and I swear by it. We were using it in the 5 car washes that I managed and it cleaned EVERY time. Even with those heavy smoker windshields(shutters when I think of the memories). I have used other specific glass cleaners and it's never cleaned as good as IG. I always have a bottle on hand, even for the sliding glass door in my house

And I must say..... I'm happy someone FINALLY made a post in this section

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 194K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: mult
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by it'sthatcar View Post
I have a seriously resilient residue that keeps reappearing on the inside of my windshield. I've cleaned it time and again and it always comes back, and it's incredibly annoying. It's hazy, resistant to chemical window cleaners (store-brand Windex), and makes driving into direct sunlight dangerous. Worst of all, I can't figure out what's causing it.

Think this stuff will work?
Ever get a tiny hint of antifreeze smell in the cab?

On the Stoners, I like it pretty well but have not found it to be all I wish it was.. There is a ZEP all purpose cleaner that I also like pretty well for everything inside the car including glass. I have not seen it ever in a store but my work has it in the fleet service shop.

2006 Vulcan 52k GF daily driver
2003 Vulcan 73k My daily driver
2000 Vulcan 112k saved from the scrap yard
1991 3.8 207k drove to junk yard, 1988 Vulcan lost in divorce
2009 Impala 3.0 15k my nice car
1996 F250 Powerstroke my toy-pristine lots of mods
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 08:31 AM

Chapter: Midwest

Dear Users:

Does this product streak?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:29 AM

Yes, I have the haze too. On a fairly new windshield. And Standard Poodle nose prints. I've used Stoners, always had to laugh at the name tho.

It does work well, and you can get it at O'reillys or Autozone, maybe at Walmart.

2001 SES Wagon. 210k and strong running.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:30 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueice View Post
Dear Users:

Does this product streak?
Less than any other product I've used.
blueice likes this.

2001 SES Wagon. 210k and strong running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page