Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

02 Stalls When Turning On Ac Or Heat

16K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  stevensmommy 
#1 ·
Whenever i turn on the ac or heat in my car, it either stalls or tries to stall.As someone suggested on here, I cleaned the idle air control valve, and tested the voltage going to it per the haynes manual. It is reading around 12 to 12.5. Yesterday, I was sitting in a parking lot, and turned the heat on, and it died. It then took me trying several times before it would start again. What is strange is that no matter if I turn on the ac or the heat it does this. It will try to stall out so much so that, the battery light and dash lights come on and the tach needle drops, before it kicks back in again.It will continue to do the "try to stall, kick back in , try to stall, kick back in, until it either stalls or I turn the ac or heat off.

I have a brand new battery, alternator tests fine, the whole ac system is new. I just had the fuel filter and the spark plugs changed,and a bunch of vacuum leaks fixed, which fixed some serious hesitation on acceleration issues I was having. The car does not have the check engine light on. Has anyone ever experienced this? Or have any clues?

#3 ·
Whenever i turn on the ac or heat in my car, it either stalls or tries to stall.As someone suggested on here, I cleaned the idle air control valve, and tested the voltage going to it per the haynes manual. It is reading around 12 to 12.5. Yesterday, I was sitting in a parking lot, and turned the heat on, and it died. It then took me trying several times before it would start again. What is strange is that no matter if I turn on the ac or the heat it does this. It will try to stall out so much so that, the battery light and dash lights come on and the tach needle drops, before it kicks back in again.It will continue to do the "try to stall, kick back in , try to stall, kick back in, until it either stalls or I turn the ac or heat off.

I have a brand new battery, alternator tests fine, the whole ac system is new. I just had the fuel filter and the spark plugs changed,and a bunch of vacuum leaks fixed, which fixed some serious hesitation on acceleration issues I was having. The car does not have the check engine light on. Has anyone ever experienced this? Or have any clues?
[/b]

The Whole ac system is new, including the compressor. It also happens when I turn on the heat.

#4 ·
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The Whole ac system is new, including the compressor. It also happens when I turn on the heat. [/b][/quote]

The compressor will be on in every position but vent (just to the left of off). Maybe they didn't oil the compressor right when it was installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.