breeves002

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Adam's Testimonial

So of course most of you know me. I'm Sam!

Anyways, when Adam's first became a vendor on this forum I was lucky enough to get a free bottle of Adam's Detail spray.

The stuff smells like candy and really puts the shine on the outside of a car. It even is nice for cleaning the inside..... Really just a good top coat that makes everything shine really nicely. Doesn't seem to attract dust either.

Anyways about a week ago I finally placed an order for some more stuff. After talking to another TCCA member who has purchased their products after receiving the free bottle I ordered a bunch of different things.

I ordered:
-1 Gallon of Adam's Detail Spray
-Bottle of Adam's Total Interior Detailer
-Bottle of Adam's Waterless Wash
-Bottle of Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
-Bottle of Adam's Super VRT Tire and Trim Dressing

On to the products:

Total Interior Detailer - Perfect for mostly clean interiors that just need a quick final cleaning. Make sure large amounts of dirt and crap are gone. Good for removing dust, fingerprints, and other small stuff.

The best thing it does is make surfaces look new. It works REALLY well on a black interior. On my 2008 with the light grey/beige interior you didn't really notice much of a difference - it just removed the dust and any grease. However on a black or dark interior it really gives it a nice matte finish that looks brand new. It did however make my woodgrain look brand new and so far it isn't collecting any dust which is rare. Usually when I clean it dust sticks like crazy to it within hours! It made the 2012 KIA Soul my girlfriend drives interior panels look brand new (black interior). It's not greasy, and leaves everything feeling NEW.

It smells soapy, but not a bad smell. Doesn't reek in your car or anything. I haven't found anything else that does the same thing yet.

Waterless Wash:
This stuff is fantastic and I've only used it once. Shake well before you spray. It seems to separate some in the bottle.

So before scrolling down and looking the picture let me preface this. My car was last washed on 9/05 - the day I used waterless wash on the car for the first time.

I really should have taken before pictures. The car was decently dirty. Water spots from the drizzle from today, covered in dust, some light dirt on one side, and bird poop in 3 spots.

I started by spraying the bird poop. I literally watched it dissolve as I sprayed. Took one wipe to remove some of it completely. One piece was more stubborn and required a few wipes.

I then went one body panel at a time. Started with the hood, moved to fenders, doors, and the trunk. You spray the panel, then wipe lightly in straight swipes to remove dust and prevent micro swirls, then you flip the towel and buff to remove anything else.

Boy was I happy with the results. 1/4 bottle later and the car looks freshly detailed!

Keep in mind you should only use this with a car that has a decent wax on it. If you have never waxed your car or haven't done it in a LONG time then wax it first! This product prolongs the life of the wax.

I plan on using it every 5 days or so and washing the car when it truly needs it!

Great product, costs less than washing weekly, and makes things SHINE! I didn't even use the detail spray on top of it!

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner:
Well I will report back when I get to try this to clean my horribly dirty carpet and drivers floor mat. We'll see how well it works for me!

SVRT:
I have not used this on my car yet but I used it on the black trim to the '04 Acura TSX. Here is a comparison to the treated and non-treated surfaces. It takes VERY little to do it. You need to use a foam applicator for the best result that uses the least amount of product. I have yet to see how long it lasts though. That will be the key.

Adam's products have a 110% Money back guarantee. Meaning if you don't like the product you send it back and receive 110% what you paid back. They will also buy you the product you used to use that you liked better.

Adam's products are EXPENSIVE compared to some other manufactures and products. Partially because everything is made in the USA. Nothing made in China.

I personally think some other, less expensive products can be used in place of Adam's products and I will do so. I have yet to try even close to all of Adam's products, and hope to try more in the future and will report back on how they are!

As a college student I don't have a ton of expendable income. I choose to spend my detailing budget on Adam's Polishes because many of them are truly the best product for the job and no other company even comes close to doing what they can.

Are there any products anyone would like me to buy and try out? I'm willing to try new things on my next order!

Sam

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:
2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Sam
breeves002

Garage
Here are some pictures of my detail I did last week of the exterior. It wasn't a complete detail, and I probably spent no more than 2 hours on it.

I started by getting the car washed. I'm not the person that washes the car by hand. I go to a decent car wash and it does a decent job for an OK price!

Next, I used a clay bar on the car. I purchased mothers clay bar kit to do this. Sprayed their detail spray on, then did the clay bar, then wiped it off. I did the hood and trunk twice because they were really bad. I did not do the plastic bumpers, but I should. I did the glass as well, especially the windshield since it streaks badly, but it didn't really seem to help.

After that I waxed it with Turtle Wax brand hard shell paste wax. This stuff is great. It's dirt cheap ($5-6 for a tub that has multiple uses), and really puts on a lasting shine. There is NOTHING better for that price range. I've used $20 waxes that don't do as good of a job or last as long. The only downside is its a lot of work. You put it on and let it dry (takes a few minutes). Be careful not to use too much, its just a waste. Rub it in and then when dry use a clean towel to get it off. Takes a lot of scrubbing to get it all off. Try not to get it on black plastic, its really hard to get out. Don't miss spots!

After finally removing all of the dried wax, I finished with a coat of adams detail spray. Boy it made the car nice and shiny and smelling good!

Lastly I put some armor all foam tire spray on the tires just because I happened to have a bottle of it someone gave me. Don't really like it but it worked for the moment.

On to the pictures!

All photos were taken with my iPhone 5 and downsized when uploaded to photo bucket. ONE photo was photoshopped and that is the picture that is of the car from the drivers front. I removed the scratches on the front bumper from someone scratching my car in a parking lot. Nothing else was modified.

Sam

2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Looks great. I may have to check out their stuff

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Sam
breeves002

Garage
Thank you

It's expensive but I really really like it.

I detailed my girlfriends mom's 2004 Acura TSX. I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't get to do as good of a job as I could, but the paint looks good! Wheels were SO FILTHY. I used degreaser and scrubbed them but I didn't have a proper wheel cleaner and it wouldn't get all the brake dust off that was caked on for years.

The interior detailer really made the interior look very new though.

I got the car washed, ran a clay bar over it, waxed it, then did a top coat with detailing spray. Looked great!

Sam

2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northern

My friend's mom has an Acura TSX just like that one. I have to admit that, on more than one occasion, that car has made me want an Acura. I like the styling, the interior is very nice, and the engine is powerful for a 4 cylinder. Less torque than my Taurus, although they're neck and neck in the horsepower department.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by it'sthatcar View Post
My friend's mom has an Acura TSX just like that one. I have to admit that, on more than one occasion, that car has made me want an Acura. I like the styling, the interior is very nice, and the engine is powerful for a 4 cylinder. Less torque than my Taurus, although they're neck and neck in the horsepower department.
Honda's usually fallen somewhat flat in the torque department. I hear the new Accord with the GDI engine fixes that, especially the Accord Sport with the 6MT.

Bradley.
Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio system, other enhancements. April '14 COTM winner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

See more details

What's next, 'the eyes that rolled at my massive ego'?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northern

I've noticed that as well, about the lacking torque. I guess for most average driving it's not a big deal, but still.

David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Sam
breeves002

Garage
Yeah, it's not the fastest. A vulcan is probably about the same speed as it in a heavier car. It's a fun car to drive! I find myself driving like a jerk more than normal!

Sam

2014 Ford Focus Electric
Moved On:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 09:55 PM

Chapter: Southern

Very glad to see Adams on this forum. Looooong time Adams user here. I just picked up a tuxedo black 15 limited today and cannot wait to do a correction on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page