Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Ray's 2004 Taurus SE Sedan

7K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  ShelbyRacer78 
#1 · (Edited)
So this deal came out of nowhere... but over the last week I was fortunate enough to come across this car which was a steal, and happily coincided with a slew of problems with the Raymobile Wagon.

It's a Gray 2004 Taurus SE with a black interior built in October 2003... and basically no options. But, it's mechanically pristine and only came with 97,480 miles. It's super clean on the inside and it was owned by an old woman that basically used it for getting groceries once a week - and I have all the paperwork and maintenance records I could ever ask for. They had owned it since December 04. Conveniently it's been getting serviced at my dad's shop since 2010 so I have further assurance of its mechanical condition.

Unfortunately I got it registered and on the road this afternoon right before I had to leave to go back to college and so it's going to be parked modless for 3 weeks, but come thanksgiving it'll get more interesting. As for now I'm just thankful to have reliable transportation.

I'll update more later but here's a few pics of it. Only mod so far is dome light LEDs from the Sable.

See less See more
#15 ·
IIRC, those rims came with the step ledge starting in 2002. :)

#17 · (Edited)
Starting with the necessities. New wipers, mirror from the brown sable and lighted visors from the blue sable (been sitting in there for almost 3 years) plus mach from the brown sable and centennials + sable bulbs + chromed grille. Didn't get to the tweeters yet. Swapped the grille/headlights from the 05 and nobody noticed the difference :p (Well, not quite a swap, the original headlights from the 05 went back on it since they're still fairly good. The headlights from this car went in the garage)

Door handles from the Sable, Mach Tweeters, and possibly painting the gauge surround dark gray are up next.

On the list of mechanical maintenance, it smells a little like burning oil after shutting it off so I wanna get that checked out - also needs an alignment or tire balancing and the throttle body cleaned - and hopefully coolant/tranny flush eventually too just because. The muffler is starting to make a little noise and pops after revving it so that might need to be replaced in the moderately-distant future also. I have yet to thoroughly clean the whole car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.