Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Jxshx3's 2003 Taurus Centennial

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  bull geek 
#1 ·
Randomly i went on craigslist looking for cheap parts i can hoard, and i stumbled upon a parts car for $1600. $2000 with the new tires. and here i am today with a beautiful Centennial with 135,100mls for $1000. the seats had gold fish chips and a ton of other crap in them from the child that tortured the back seat lol, the car was a mess, it ran really rough at idle... loud.... so far ive changed an o2 sensor and the CEL is now off and the misfiring has stopped. but the rough idle is still there and hes still loud. its only day one!

future plans:
-new used hood and front bumper cover. there is rust on the hood, and they scraped something and theres white on the black bumper.
-spoiler
-egr valve
-PCV valve probably needs changed
-coolant flush, its low and rusty as it sits now
-rear wheel wells need serious attention, and i assume the rockers are rusted as well.
-a compass rearview mirror
-a/c doesnt work
-master cylinder might have gone out
-when i find another, he needs anew steering wheel. the leather is worn and the wood isn't in the best shape. but i'm not in any hurry for it, i have 5 other wood wheels don't need anymore right now.

i plan on leaving everything else the way it is. it has every available option besides heated side mirrors i think so... no point in messing with it lol

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
When you find a spoiler, ask Tom to loan you a template, I have one of his, til next week. Be sure when you find one to save all the mounting hardware, nuts, etc. The plastic mounts in the trunk lid can be removed with a small screwdriver inserted in the ends. If you want an accurate mod, find a medium parchment shelf with the no CHSML option.
It should have came with a Gentex mirror, that was one of the Centennial package or SE options.

#3 ·
yeah the heated mirrors, spoiler, and gentex mirror are the only things i can see that it doesnt have... im in no hurry to add it the gentex.. i put one in ol girl and its wired to the wrong location and it stays on and burns out the auto dim immediately. ive replaced the review a few times because it would get plugged in when ever i take it in for repairs... and ill deff remember to get ahold of him for that... ill screw it up with or without, but maybe it wont be as bad with it :p ill go to pap and get a shelf next week.. maybe even get the rest of the stuff not sure.. depends on the results next tuesday, he has a doctors appt on the 9th for a free diagnostic. :D i want the rough idle gone before i do anything.

#8 ·
Score a temp/compass mirror off a tahoe or similar in the junk yard. The temp function is really nice.

#10 ·
There is a constant power wire in the passenger side "A" pillar, the wire is for the sunroof, just splice into it. If you score on from the junkyard make sure that you get the temp probe from the front and the wiring. Make sure you go back to get the spoiler wiring, too.

#14 ·
Centennials did not come with auto-dim rear view standard. Nor heat. Only illumination on mirrors. Part of some convenience package...

#16 ·
My heated mirrors are a great asset in the chilly, windy ND winters. I think my driver's side might be dying, though. This spring the mirror wasn't getting as warm or warm as fast as the passenger side, which was replaced two falls ago.

#17 ·
Ford's infinite wisdom meant the connectors for the mirror develop corrosion which means more resistance, less power to heating element. So mirrors don't get as hot. Why they didn't use weather pack connectors is beyond me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.