Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Ever Seen A Taurus After Its Stuck In The Mud?

5K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  qwertz9586 
#1 ·
[attachmentid=21643][attachmentid=21642][attachmentid=21641][attachmentid=21640][attachmentid=21639]So the bull has been agin... currently 165,000 on the clock and climbing fast. I haven't paid as much attentions to her as i should, with marraige, and a parental divorce, and ayounger sister turning 10 and whatnot, and such............anyways.. long story short.... recently, i put out for my baby. Actually, my parents did. Seeing as how they're splitting, they want my wife and I to have reliable cars, the Cougar (my wife's) got new tires, upper and lower intake gaskets, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets and new engine/trans mounts as well as fixing the egr. ME, i chose to have new struts/coils (napa response) new brakes (slotted and ceramic pads all around) and new ball joints, front subframe/control arm/stabilizer bushings and just before that i made the purchase of four brand new BFG Radial T/A's..... size 225/70/15. :)

This all with about approx 20-25k on the salvage/personally rebuilt engine/trans combo.

BTW..... all this is thanks to incredible discounts due to my being employed at NTB (shameless plug)

Anyways... tonight, i drank a few beers (3... not a crazy drunk driver, me) and quite a bit after both those and some good looks at the pics of the taurus mounted on a jeep frame :p I decided to go mudding. Mind you it rained all day tonight clearing up about 4-5pm and this is a completely dirt 'road' as in, constrcution access 'path' made by the constant crawling of earth moving equipment across an open field as they build a new elementary school near where i live.

It was bad. I had the front bumper so deep, i was ELBOW deep in mud to attach the tow strap to the subframe. The front wheels were buried to the center caps and i overheated her trying to rock her loose before a friend with a 4x4 escape came to the rescue. He got me started and i plowed out.

Pics will ensue... and a video of my car after i got her home. Alas it was tooooooo dark for ON site pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
HAhaha I love how, even though its completely muddy that it is still parked in the garage.
[/b]
:werd: I started laughing when I saw that.

Now go clean 'er up!

#9 ·
If my car had all that on it, there's NO way I'd clean it off anytime soon. It's like a bunch of badges of honor.

Thats cool.
[/b]
well you do have a wrangler!!!

lolz..you should take all four doors off and drive around. When you get pulled over...you should be like...havent you heard...its a new car that ford and chrysler worked together on....you haven't heard of the taurus wrangler??? :D

#11 ·
If my car had all that on it, there's NO way I'd clean it off anytime soon. It's like a bunch of badges of honor.
[/b]
My car had one side coated in mud for a month.

My mother had to drive it when hers was in the shop :lol: Between that and the exhaust she claimed to be embarrassed to be seen in it.

:thumb: for taking a Taurus mudding.

#12 ·
<div class='quotemain'>

Thats cool.
[/b]
well you do have a wrangler!!!

lolz..you should take all four doors off and drive around. When you get pulled over...you should be like...havent you heard...its a new car that ford and chrysler worked together on....you haven't heard of the taurus wrangler??? :D
[/b][/quote]

There shouldn't be a problem with it. And if it gets muddy, juts spray out the inside. It's leather afterall, waterproof.

I do actually have someone that wants me to go offroading with them in my taurus

My mom wasn't so much embarassed to drive mine but scared after her experience. I forgot to tell her about the brakes [or lack of]. She had an interesting trip.

#14 ·
So i've made some believers outta the guys at work :)

[attachmentid=21686]
[attachmentid=21685]
[attachmentid=21683]
[attachmentid=21682]
[attachmentid=21681]
[attachmentid=21684]

Attachments

#15 ·
You gotta put a big mound of dirt in your front yard and park the Taurus on it like the Chrysler dealerships do with the Jeep Wranglers.

Then just watch all the passersby as they just look at it like, "WTF?"

#16 ·
Well it's been a while... but i managed to do just that good sir :)

Pics in a few, I'm downloading from the wifey's computer.

Hehehehe

#19 ·
3-wheelin!

#23 ·
:repost: but oh well.

Not as awesome as yours :p

Mine was done in a rally race. I won :ford:

is your car light blue or silver, this is buggin me.
[/b]
Light blue

#24 ·
Well it's been a while... but i managed to do just that good sir :)

Hehehehe
[/b]
That's exactly what I'd do with a 3rd Gen. :ph34r: I must get one.

#25 ·
This thread is awesome :D

I have always wanted too see just how dirty I could get my car, but with the color of mine, it's pretty difficult.

I really wish I had a beater Taurus just to mess around with.

#26 ·
Dude the Taurus was never meant to baha in. We could get you a lift kit and some monster truck tires if you want to go off roading.[/b]
Well, after i get the '04 running again, I'll probably try and figure out some different, larger struts that will fit in this car and figure out a way to space the rear control arm box lower as well as the subframe, essentially achieving some sort of lift.

Then I can fit tires bigger than 225/70/15 in there :ph34r:

I'd like to get 30x9.5 All-Terrain KO's under the thing. That or Firestone Destination MT's.

And yes, I know, I could just go out and slap it on a jeep frame and lift it. But I kinda want it to be closer to stock. I want an actual lifted taurus, not just a taurus on top of something else that is lifted :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.