Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How Do You Bypass Park Wire For Cd Player?

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  unique.kp 
#1 ·
i just installed a jensen cd player with a 7" screen and i want to know if there is a way to bypass the park wire so i can have it on when i drive. i've read that you can just ground the wire and it should work but i tried it several times and it just wont work. also my dash had the air bag light and the new one doesnt, is that gonna harm anything. my airbag light gauge is now on. anyway i can fix it without getting a new dash?

Thanks

#2 ·
i just installed a jensen cd player with a 7" screen and i want to know if there is a way to bypass the park wire so i can have it on when i drive. i've read that you can just ground the wire and it should work but i tried it several times and it just wont work. also my dash had the air bag light and the new one doesnt, is that gonna harm anything. my airbag light gauge is now on. anyway i can fix it without getting a new dash?

Thanks [/b]
With those, there is usually a sequence you have to go through to get it to come on. Do you have your manual?

#4 ·
Look in there for the certain sequence. Then you will have to install a switch to ground and do the sequence everytime you want it to turn on. It's a little difficult to explain, but if you have problems, let me know.

As for the airbag light, your airbags will not function properly as long as that light is on, to fix it:
Airbag mod (Only for 2004+ models). What you need is a 10k resistor and some t clamps. find the brown/blue wire and the red/yellow wire.

Stip some of the wire covering away and connect the airbag light mod.
[/b]

#6 ·
Aw damn, I just searched for forums for that page. The mods should sticky the How-To for 04-07 Taurus/sable with that Airbag light.

#7 ·
so basically i have to install another switch to ground the wire and then follow the sequence in the manual. got it. Thanks for all the help. [/b]
Yeah, the sequence sucks, but you gotta deal with what you have :)

Here's another article about the airbag light:

Well I did it tonight and I can say this I hate the back of my dash, here is the install procedure i used incase anyone is intrested Warning this was done on a 2005 SE Taurus sedan directions may be diffrent for others. I take no responbility for any damage. Make sure to cover all connections either with the crimp caps or shrink stuff

Parts needed:
10k ohm resistor
Wire taps
The metra dash kit (of course)
Crimp caps
electrical tape
solider
soldering iron
Ford Din keys
Hex screw driver
socket set
torx screw driver

Step one
Remove the factory head unit and the cage that is supporing the back of the headunit
put this to one side for a min
Step 2
Solder on 2 bits of wire to the resistor to create leads for what you are about to do
Step 3
Using taps tap wire 3 Brown/Blue and wire 5 Red/Yellow on the factory radio harness
when looking at the connector with the clasp bit up pin 1 is on the top right side. Using the electrical tape wrap every bit of the resistor and taps so no metal is exposed. (Big warning you dont want this circuit grounding out as it may deploy airbags without warning) put the harness to one side for one min
Step 4 follow the install kits instructions to run the wires from the RCU from the trunk to the dash and wire up your radios harness.
Step 5
plug in the harnesses but leave it danging for a moment and start the car to make sure everything works.
Step 6 Shove everything back in the dash including the aftermaket radio
Step 7 Enjoy!!1[/b]

#10 ·
1. load dvd
2. wait for dvd to play
3. with the remote push stop twice
4. then push 1,2,6,4
5. then a hidden menu pops up
6. use joystick to scroll down to brake over ride and turn on
7. then click the system setup on the remote twice to save.

Make sure to follow your local laws ;)

#12 ·
well i tried it several times and the hidden window never comes up. is that the only way to get to that window?
[/b]
It does work. I even verified it again today at the shop.

I didn't mention this but when you play the DVD make sure it's playing on the screen and the blue screen is gone.

If you don't have the pink hooked to the ebrake then you can touch it to the ground 3 times to make the blue screen disappear so you can see the hidden menu. As it is stated in the manual.

Just a heads up the Jensens are p.i.t.a trying to get the timing right for the ebrake wire. Just hold it to ground wait 3-4 seconds then take off repeat until it plays.

Once you get to the screen you won't ever need the pink wire hooked to anything, unless you happen to disconnect your radio or battery. Then you just do it over.

#13 ·
well i finally got it to work. but i never got the park wire connected right. i played the dvd like u said and hit stop twice did the code and i just happened to hit down twice over once and down again and it happened just to be the override. kinda lucky i guess. thanks for helping me out.

#14 ·
well i finally got it to work. but i never got the park wire connected right. i played the dvd like u said and hit stop twice did the code and i just happened to hit down twice over once and down again and it happened just to be the override. kinda lucky i guess. thanks for helping me out.
[/b]

Hey no problem. Yea if you get the parking brake to work then you don't have to guess, but at least you got it ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.