Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

VIR Laps for Charity

821 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bruiser56 
#1 ·
Fabulous Turnout yesterday at VIR! I only got in one session due to long lines but weather was great and the pace was fast. The intake and exhaust made some fantastic music at 6500rpm while reaching a peak 115mph on the back straight. (had to brake for downhill turn and cars ahead) The all-season Pirellis did a bit of squealing in the tight corners but aside from that the car handled well at speed. Great birthday gift to myself...have to go back for another event!

See less See more
#3 ·
My daughter shot a video last year and it was amazing how slow it felt watching afterward. I guess the feeling of speed just doesnt translate on video unless youre blasting at 150+mph! LOL

but a lot of people used GoPro cams mounted in various location. I like the rear fender mount shooting forward so you get to watch the wheels turn. Might have to go with something like that next time.

Most fun for $25 ever!

#5 ·
Thanks!

Huge deciding factor in getting the car! LOL This one was actually more expensive than another red SEL I looked at but the blue was too gorgeous to pass up. I'm glad I made the choice.

Reactions: sheila
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.