Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Wife is back in a Taurus

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dialectic Chaos 
#1 ·
After several years driving an '03 Focus she wanted to upgrade. Boy did she. 2008 Taurus X Limited. So far she loves it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Since it has 95K on it I have done a few things to it. Changed out the air filter with new. Cleaned the MAF sensor. Treated the 6F50 transmission to a fresh fluid change with 15 quarts of Maxlife. I will be checking and probably changing the spark plugs and doing a coolant change in the near future. The wife loves the car and enjoys it a lot.

#4 ·
We just traded our 08 Taurus X SEL after driving it for 6 years and 100K kms. It was a good car overall and the wife really liked it. It had 80K kms on the ODO when we got it at 2 years old in 2010. Right away I changed the oil to 5W20 Mobile 1 synthetic and never had any sort of engine problems using synthetic oil. The A/C condenser needed to be replaced at one point and we had a bad left rear ABS sensor that needed replacing but other than that is was brakes, rotors and oil changes. Good luck with your T-Rex. Cheers Tucats.

#9 ·
Update: Still loving the X. Our daughter goes to college 4 hours away and we have made a few trips to watch her play volleyball. We thoroughly enjoy the X out on road trips. She also commutes to work in it and has no complaints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.