Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Alternative powertrains

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jag1959 
#1 ·
Is anybody working on some kind of alternative power for the Taurus/Sable platform. I don't mean swapping a Duratec into a Gen 1 or anything like that. I mean is there someone putting a diesel engine/tranny into one of these or maybe going hybrid or all electric?
Just curious
Gator

#3 ·
I'm new here, so I guess I don't know how this works. Do they have to notify you before beginning a project? Just curious if you know this for sure or maybe you're just speculating.
Gator

#4 ·
I mean, sure, possibly some crackpot is working on something in his garage and hasn't told anyone, but I seriously doubt it. It's a pointless exercise. The most outlandish thing anyone has done was a full InTech V8 swap.

#5 ·
Did you know about the "crackpot" doing the InTech swap? Of course not. You just have to be the guy that posts first and as often as possible, even if you don't really know the answer. I get it, seen it many times before, now I know. Fwiw, most men prefer to speak for themselves and not have a self-appointed surrogate speak for them.
For you to say its pointless is pretty shortshighted as well. I'll admit the platform does have its limits, but I don't think we've seen those limits yet. Its a solid, durable platform, with lots of interchangeability and easily sourced parts. It would make a great "test mule" for someone working on a lot of different projects.
Gator

#7 ·
I post perhaps two or three times a week, on a good week. I saw your post and decided to comment on it, as most were likely to simply roll their eyes at it.

I had no idea it would quickly descend into such depths of sheer idiocy. My mistake, I'll be happy to add you to my block list so I'm not tempted to comment on your posts again.

Falcon out.

#8 ·
Thank you Jag. I know that build is common knowledge, but nobody knew about it until it popped up one day. I'm just curious to see if anybody else is doing anything interesting.
Thanks for the block Birdie.
Gator

#9 ·
Actually that build had a history of popping up from time to time and the attempts were many, some more well known than others. Sheldon's is the only documented case of it being brought to fruition and he actually completed someone else's failed attempt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.